The Hyundai Exter has made a great start in the Indian market, securing more than 50,000 bookings since the process began in May 2023, with this milestone achieved by early August. However, with this impressive demand, the delivery timeline of this compact SUV has been affected. Having said that, the Hyundai Exter is currently commanding a waiting period of up to eight months, depending on the city and variant.
- According to reports, the Hyundai Exter has an average waiting period of up to 4 months in most metropolitan areas. However, Bengaluru has the highest waiting timeline of up to 8 months.
- It is worth noting that the waiting period might vary depending on the location, engine and colour option.
For those who aren’t aware, the Exter is Hyundai’s smallest urban SUV, which is placed below the Venue in the brand’s India lineup. It solely comes with a 1.2-litre petrol engine paired with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT unit.
Fuel-conscious buyers can also opt for this engine with a factory-fitted CNG kit, though it is available exclusively with the manual gearbox.
Here’s a look at its specifications: –
|No of Cylinders||4|
|Gearbox||5-speed Manual / AMT|
|Claimed Mileage||19.4 kmpl (petrol-manual), 19.2 kmpl (petrol-AMT), 27.1 km/kg (CNG)|
Being a Hyundai, the Exter comes loaded up to the brim. Key inclusions include: –
- Automatic projector headlamps
- LED DRLs
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Electric sunroof
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- BlueLink connected car tech
- Wireless charger
- Digital instrument cluster
- Paddle shifters (AMT only)
- Auto AC with rear AC vents
- Cruise control
- Six airbags (standard)
- Hill hold assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
Prices for the Hyundai Exter range between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom), making it position against the Tata Punch and Citroen C3.