After teasing the iX1 electric SUV a few days ago, BMW has now officially announced that its India launch will take place on September 28, 2023. With this, it will be the fourth EV in BMW’s India lineup after the i4 sedan, iX SUV and i7 luxurious sedan.
- While there are still a few days left before its official arrival, reports suggest that its Indian-spec version will be offered in a sole xDrive30 variant.
- The BWW iX1 xDrive30 variant gets an all-wheel-drive dual-motor setup linked to a 66.5kWh lithium-ion battery. In this configuration, this electric SUV belts out 313PS of max power and 494Nm of peak torque, enabling it to do the 0-100kmph sprint in just 5.6 seconds.
- It has a claimed range of up to 475 kilometres on a single charge and a top speed of 180 kmph.
- Regarding the charging time, the EV can be juiced up from 10 to 80% in roughly 29 minutes via a 130kW DC fast charger.
Also Read: Volvo C40 Recharge Launched At Rs 61.25 Lakh
- Against the measuring tape, this German EV measures 4,500mm in length, 1,845mm in width, and 1,642mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,692mm and a boot space of 490 litres, which can be extended up to 1,495 litres with rear seats down.
- Styling-wise, the BMW iX1 looks similar to the ICE-powered X1 SUV save for the blue inserts on the front grille, bumpers and side skirts.
- BMW has kitted this premium EV with plenty of advanced comfort, convenience and safety features, like: –
- A 10.7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional (digital instrument cluster)
- Harman Kardon sound system
- Panoramic sunroof
- Dual-zone climate control
- Powered front seats with memory and massage functions
- Heads-up display
- Wireless charging
- Active Cruise Control with stop & go function
- Hill Start Assist
- Lane departure warning
- Attentiveness Assistant
- Front Collision Warning
- Evasion Assistant
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Expect BMW to bring the iX1 to India via the CBU route. With this, it is expected to bear a significant price premium over its ICE version. We anticipate it to be priced between Rs 60-65 lakh (ex-showroom). Once launched, it will challenge the Volvo XC40 Recharge in India.