Soon after launching the Red Dark Editions of the Nexon, Harrier and Safari, Tata Motors has now upgraded the regular variants of the Harrier and Safari SUVs with some modern technologies. Here are the details: –
- For 2023, the Tata Harrier and Safari get a new XZA+ (O) variant, which gets the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) suite, which comprises active safety features like automatic emergency braking, blind spot detection, forward & rear collision warning, rear cross-traffic alert, lane departure warning, and high beam assist. However, it misses out on the lane-keep assist and adaptive cruise control.
- This new XZA+ (O) variant commands a premium of Rs 1 lakh over the previous XZA+ trim.
- The 2023 Tata Harrier and Safari also get a bigger 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system from their mid-spec XMS variants. The display is crisp and offers a better touch response from the outgoing unit. There’s also a new & more user-friendly user interface (UI). It also features wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and more advanced connected car technology.
- Besides ADAS and new infotainment, the SUVs also receive red ambient lighting, a 7-inch digital driver’s display, a 6-way powered driver seat with memory & welcome function, and a 360-degree surround view system. Furthermore, Tata Safari also gets a 4-way powered co-driver’s seat with electric boss mode and sunroof-integrated mood lighting.
- Now here’s a look at the prices of these new variant: –
|Harrier XZA+ (O) ADAS||Rs 23.62 lakh|
|Safari XZA+ (O) ADAS (7-seater)||7 Seater – Rs 24.46 lakh|
|Safari XZA+ (O) ADAS (6-seater)||6 Seater – Rs 24.56 lakh|
- Apart from upgrading the SUVs, Tata Motors has also discontinued some of its variants and increased the prices of the remaining trims from Rs 5,000 to Rs 66,000.
- No other changes have been made underneath the bonnet. However, the 170PS 2.0-litre diesel engine of the Tata Harrier and Safari are now BS6 Phase 2 compliant.