2023 Honda City To Launch On March 2; Unofficial Bookings Open
With the increasing competition in the sedan segment, Honda Cars India is about to give its 5th-generation City sedan a minor upgrade on March 2, 2023. In fact, select Honda dealerships have also started accepting its bookings for a token amount ranging from Rs 5,000 to Rs 21,000.
2023 Honda City – What to expect?
- The upgraded City will receive minor cosmetic changes in the form of a tweaked grille, more intuitive LED DRLs, new alloys and redone bumpers. Inside, the dual-tone dashboard design is expected to remain unchanged. However, it is likely to receive new seat upholstery, wireless smartphone charging, ventilated front seats, and more advanced connected car technology.
Also Read: Honda Introduced Its New Vehicle Scrapping Program
- Honda could also offer six airbags as standard fitment across the City’s lineup. Furthermore, the regular petrol variants might also receive Honda Sensing, which is essentially a full suite of ADAS tech, which includes auto emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation braking, lane keep assist, high beam assist, and lane keep assist.
- The 2023 Honda City is also expected to receive two new entry-level variants: ‘SV’ for petrol and ‘V’ for the hybrid version. With this, the mid-size sedan is likely to get more affordable.
- Honda is likely to discontinue the 1.5-litre diesel engine from City. With this, it will be a petrol-only offering that will continue with the same 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder engine (121PS/145Nm) mated to either a 6-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission. However, the power mill will be made compliant with E20 fuel blending and the upcoming BS6 phase II emission norms.
- The 1.5-litre strong-hybrid powertrain mated to an e-CVT automatic transmission will continue on offer.
With all these changes, the Honda City will become a more prominent contender against the like of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Volkswagen Virtus, Skoda Slavia and soon-to-be-launched new-gen Hyundai Verna.