MG Astor Black Storm Edition Launched In India
In order to take advantage of the upcoming festive season, MG Motor India has launched the special Black Storm Edition for its Astor mid-size SUV, with prices starting from Rs 14,47,800 (ex-showroom). It is based on the SUV’s mid-spec Smart variant.
|MG Astor Blackstorm Edition|
|Ex-Showroom Price||Rs 14,47,800 (MT), Rs 15,76,800 lakh (CVT)|
|Premium Over Standard Model||+Rs 27,000|
MG Astor Black Storm Edition – What’s Special?
This special edition SUV sports a stealthier-looking all-black colour scheme both inside and outside. To start with –
- The MG Astor Black Storm Edition dons a Starry Black exterior body shade with chrome accents in various places, enhancing its overall premium appearance. Furthermore, it also receives blacked-out alloys with red brake callipers at the front, a black mesh honeycomb pattern front grille, glossy black door garnish, black finish roof rails, and smoked headlamps for added appeal.
- There is also a new “Black Storm” badge to identify the special edition variant of the Astor.
- Inside, the Astor features new Tuxedo black upholstery with red stitching, an all-black floor console, and a red accent for side air-con vents.
- The SUV now also gets a dealer-fitted JBL premium sound system.
- Features like auto LED headlamps, a 10.1-inch touchscreen, Android Auto and Apple Carplay, digital driver display, connected car tech, cruise control, digital key with Bluetooth technology, push-button start/stop, a 6-way manual-adjustable driver seat, panoramic sunroof, auto climate control, rear AC vents, dual-front airbags, electronic stability control, traction control, tyre pressure monitoring system, hill hold & descent assist, and reverse parking camera, have been retained from the regular Smart variant.
No Mechanical Changes
The Astor Black Storm Edition has been provided with the standard model’s 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine (110PS/144Nm), with 6-speed manual and CVT automatic transmission options.
The regular variants of the SUV also get a 1.3-litre turbocharged unit (140PS/220Nm) with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The all-new MG Astor Blackstorm Edition will face challenges from the Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition, Creta Knight Edition, Skoda Kushaq Matte Edition, Volkswagen Taigun Matte Edition and Kia Seltos X-Line.