You Can Now Book The Skoda Superb Unofficially
Skoda is reportedly to bring back the current-gen Superb sedan in India, but this time in limited numbers. In fact, some dealerships have also started accepting their bookings unofficially.
Might Follow CBU Route
- Unlike before, the Skoda Superb will no longer be locally assembled; instead, it will follow the full import route.
- Having said that, it is likely to be introduced under the government’s GSR 870 rule that allows automobile manufacturers to import 2,500 units of any RHS-driven vehicles falling under M and L categories without worrying about the homologation process.
Likely To Get ADAS
- Reports suggest that the upcoming Superb will benefit from ADAS technology. This will make it the first Skoda car in India to get this feature.
- The ADAS suite of the Superb should include features like forward collision avoidance, lane-keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, dynamic headlight range control, and much more.
Variant and Other Features
The upcoming Skoda Superb is expected to be offered in a sole L&K variant, with top features including –
- 17-inch Stratos alloy wheels
- Dynamic chassis control (DCC)
- LED headlamps with DRLs
- Virtual Cockpit
- A 9.2-inch Columbus Infotainment system with 3D maps and satellite navigation
- Wireless SmartLink
- Connected car tech
- Ventilated front seats
- Tri-Zone Climate control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Park assists with 360-degree camera
- Light assistance
Must Watch: Skoda Slavia Review Video: Pros and Cons
Skoda is anticipated to introduce the new Superb in three exterior paint options – Magic Black, Rosso Brunello and Water World Green.
Powering the 2023 Skoda Superb will be the upgraded 2.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine that produces 190PS of max power and comes mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Prior to its discontinuation, the CKD Skoda Superb had a price range of Rs 34.19 lakh and Rs 37.29 lakh (ex-showroom), so expect the CBU Superb to come with a substantial price premium.