All-New Toyota Century SUV Made Its Global Debut
Japanese automaker Toyota has revealed the all-new Century flagship luxury SUV. It will be offered alongside the existing Century sedan in Japan.
Toyota Century SUV – Design and Dimensions
- The Toyota Century is a 4-seater luxury SUV, measuring 1,990mm in width, 1,805mm in height, and 5,205mm in length, with a 2,950mm wheelbase. Compared to the sedan counterpart, it is 130mm shorter in length but 60mm wider and 300mm taller.
|Century (SUV)||Century (sedan)|
|Length||5,205 mm||5,335 mm|
|Width||1,990 mm||1,930 mm|
|Height||1,805 mm||1,505 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,950 mm||3,090 mm|
|Couple distance||1,220 mm||1,135 mm|
|Weight||2,570 kg||2,370 kg|
|Capacity||4 persons||5 persons|
- Design-wise, it has an upright and boxy silhouette with rounded-off edges. Toyota states that its exterior is flawlessly crafted by skilled artisans, exemplified by the finely engraved “Pheonix” emblem at the centre of the grille and the mirror-like sheen accomplished through careful polishing of painted surfaces.
- One of the most noticeable elements of the Century SUV is its lighting system, which has two separate housings adorned with LED elements.
- What’s more interesting is that the Century SUV gets two-door setups for the rear – conventional sideways opening doors or sliding doors.
Being a premium chauffeur-driven car, the Century SUV gets a long list of comfort & convenience features, such as: –
- Powered side steps
- 75-degree opening of rear doors
- Large grab handle for easy ingress and egress
- Electrically adjustable rear seats with flat fold function
- Rotating picnic tables
- Two 11.6-inch entertainment screens
- Two detachable 5.5-inch touchscreen control panels
The other notable features of this SUV include a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 12.3-inch central touchscreen infotainment, an 18-speaker sound system, multi-zone climate controls, powered front seats with memory functions, wireless smartphone chargers, digital rear-view mirrors and more.
Toyota Century SUV – Powertrain
At the heart of the new Toyota Century SUV is a 406PS 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine with a plug-in hybrid system that comes with an e-CVT transmission that sends power to all four wheels. Toyota claims that it can return an all-electric range of roughly 69 kilometers.
The SUV also gets three driving modes (Normal, Eco and Sport) and a four-wheel steering system as standard.
Will It Launch In India?
Well, Toyota hasn’t made any announcement regarding its India launch. However, the carmaker is likely to bring it to our shores as well in the future.