Mercedes-Benz EQE Electric SUV Launched In India
The Mercedes Benz EQE electric SUV has finally made its way to the Indian shores in a sole top-spec 500 4MATIC variant, priced at Rs 1.39 crore (introductory, ex-showroom). At this price point, it is Rs 20 lakh more affordable than the EQS electric sedan.
Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV – Design and Dimensions
- Design-wise, the new EQE SUV borrows its styling cues from its sedan counterpart, featuring a closed-off black panel grille upfront with a star-like pattern flanked by high-performance LED lights.
- It has a sleek, aerodynamically optimised profile adorned by flush-fitting door handles and 21-inch aero alloy wheels, all helping it achieve an impressive drag coefficient of 0.25cd.
- At the rear, it gets an integrated spoiler and a connected LED tail lamp setup.
- Dimensionally, the EQE is 4,863 mm long, 1,940 mm wide, 1,686 mm tall, and carries a wheelbase of 3,030 mm.
Interior and Features
Sharing its interior design with the EQS sedan, the interior of the EQE SUV also comes packed with an MBUX Hyperscreen setup, comprising a 12.3-inch digital driver’s display, a 17.7-inch OLED central infotainment system, and a 12.3-inch OLED display for the front passenger. The other notable features of this electric SUV include: –
- 64-colour active ambient lighting
- Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Wireless charger
- Front-powered seats with ventilation and massage functions
- 15-speaker 750W Burmester sound system with Dolby Atmos
- Connected car technology
- Panoramic sunroof
- Four-zone climate control
- Driving modes
- Electronic parking brakes with auto-hold
- Nine airbags
- 360-degree camera
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Parking assist
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- AIRMATIC active suspension, which can increase the ground clearance by 25mm.
Powertrain, Range and Charging Time
Offered in the 500 4MATIC variant, the new Mercedes-Benz EQE uses a 90.6kWh battery pack, powering the AWD dual-motor setup that belts out a max power output of 408PS and a whopping torque of 858Nm, enabling it to clock the 100kmph mark in just 4.9 seconds.
The EQE is claimed to offer an drive range of up to 550 kilomters on a single charge. Regarding charging, it supports DC fast charging of up to 170kW that can juice it up from 10 to 100 pecent in roughly 30 mins.
Mercedes is providing a 10-year/2.5 lakh kilometers warranty on its battery pack, the highest for any EV.
In the luxury EV SUV segmentm, the Mercedes-Benz EQE rivals the likes of BMW iX and Audi Q8 e-tron.