2023 Kia Sonet, Seltos Launched; Get iMT-Diesel Powertrain
Soon after launching the 2023 Kia Carens, the Korean automaker has now updated the Sonet and Seltos SUVs to the upcoming RDE emission norms. Kia has also revised the powertrain options and prices of these SUVs.
Here are the details: –
2023 Kia Sonet
- For starters, the 1.5-litre diesel and 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol variants of the Kia Sonet will no longer be offered with the manual gearbox option. Instead, the brand has offered a 6-speed iMT (clutchless manual) for these engine options.
- The diesel engine will now be available only in 116PS configuration. Earlier, it was offered in two states of tune: 100PS and 115PS.
- Aside from the new iMT, the turbocharged petrol and diesel engines will continue to be offered with the 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (DCT) and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, respectively.
- The 1.2-lite naturally aspirated engine remains unchanged.
- All engines are now RDE-compliant and E20-ready.
- Kia has also increased the prices of the Sonet sub-4m SUV by up to Rs 50,000. It now ranges between Rs 7.79 lakh and Rs 14.89 lakh (ex-showroom).
2023 Kia Seltos
- The manual gearbox option of the Kia Seltos diesel has been replaced by a 6-speed intelligent manual transmission (iMT).
- The 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine option has been axed from its lineup.
- A new 160PS 1.5-litre TGDi turbocharged petrol mill will be introduced in the near future, probably with its upcoming facelift version.
- The 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine continues with the 6-speed manual gearbox and CVT options.
- Similar to the Sonet, all powertrain options of the Kia Seltos have been updated to the upcoming BS6 Phase-2 emission norms.
- They can run on E20 fuel (20 per cent ethanol blend).
- The 2023 Kia Seltos has also undergone a price hike. it now retails from Rs 10.89 lakh to Rs 19.65 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Its N.A. petrol variants are now costlier by up to Rs 25,000, whereas the prices of the Seltos diesel have hiked by up to Rs 50,000.