2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno Launched At Rs 6.35 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the 2022 Baleno facelift in India at a starting price of Rs 6.35 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It is available in four broad trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha. Here are the detailed prices: –
|2022 Baleno||Old Price||New Price|
|Sigma||Rs 6.13 lakh||Rs 6.35 lakh|
|Delta||MT: – Rs 7 lakh & 7.89 lakh|
CVT: – Rs 8.20
|MT:- Rs 7.19 lakh|
AMT: – Rs 7.69 lakh
|Zeta||MT: Rs 7.69 lakh & Rs 8.58 lakh|
CVT: – Rs 8.89 lakh
|MT:- Rs 8.09 lakh|
AMT:- Rs 8.59 lakh
|Alpha||MT: Rs 8.45 lakh|
CVT: Rs 9.65 lakh
|MT:- Rs 8.99 lakh|
AMT:- Rs 9.49 lakh
Also Read: 2022 Maruti WagonR – What To Expect?
2022 Maruti Baleno Facelift- What’s New?
- The new Baleno’s front gets a bolder grille with a honeycomb pattern-like design, flanked by sleeker LED headlights with a new Nexa signature triangular LED treatment.
- Maruti has also tweaked the front bumper of the hatchback, giving it a lot more aggressive and wider appearance than that of the outgoing model.
- The side and rear profile of the upgraded hatchback boast redesigned 16-inch alloy wheels, new LED combination taillights (now extended to the tailgate), a revised bumper, and repositioned reflectors.
- Dimension-wise, the car remains unchanged.
- The interior design of the car has been completely overhauled, featuring a new tri-layer dashboard wrapped in black & deep blue shades.
- It also gets a larger floating infotainment system, a new climate control panel, a revised dual-gauge instrument cluster with a colored multi-info display (MID), and Swift’s flat-bottom steering wheel.
- The Indo-Japanese carmaker has packed the new Baleno with a plethora of new features, including some segment-first inclusion such as a 9-inch floating Smartplay Pro+ infotainment system (segment’s largest) with integrated voice assistant, a heads-up display (customisable), a 360-degree camera, Arkamys-tuned sound system, etc.
- Other notable additions comprise next-generation Suzuki Connect (connected car technology) with remote operations, rear AC vents, A-& C-type rear fast charging ports, and much more.
- The 2022 Baleno Facelift has also received a bunch of new safety features like up to 6 airbags (front, side & curtain airbags), ESP (electronic stability programme), and hill assist control. With this, it has become the first Maruti car and the second model in the premium hatchback segment to offer six airbags, after the Hyundai i20.
- Click here for variant-wise features details.
- Maruti has also tuned the suspension system of the car for better comfort & handling.
Engine, Gearbox, and Mileage
- Maruti has offered the new Baleno with a sole 1.2-litre DualJet DuaVVT petrol engine (90PS/113Nm) that gets an idle start/stop function. However, the mild-hybrid system has been dropped this time.
- Gearbox options include a 5-speed manual and a new Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), replacing the outgoing CVT automatic unit.
- Maruti claims that the 2022 Baleno facelift will return a mileage of 22.35 kmpl (-1.52 kmpl from the pre-facelift model) with manual and 22.94 kmpl (+3.38 kmpl) with AMT.
2022 Maruti Baleno Facelift- Colours
The upgraded hatchback is available in six color options: –
- Nexa Blue
- Pearl Arctic White
- Opulent Red (NEW)
- Grandeur Grey (NEW)
- Luxe Beige (NEW)
- Splendid Silver (NEW).
The new Baleno will continue to go up against the Hyundai i20, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, and its rebadged rival, the Toyota Glanza, which is also going to receive a similar set of updates.