The Iconic Hero Karizma To Make A Comeback Tomorrow, Design Partially Revealed
Anticipation fills the air as the iconic Hero Karizma is all set to make a comeback tomorrow, donning an absolutely new persona. However, ahead of its launch, enthusiasts have been feasted to sneak peek of its new design and features through multiple sets of teasers.
- The latest teaser reveals its sportier silhouette and the front profile of the bike, featuring sharper lines all around.
- Hero has also revealed that the new Karizma will be equipped with a dual LED projector headlamp setup with integrated H-shaped LED DRLs.
- The instrument cluster of the bike will be a fully digital LCD unit with a dot-matrix inset showing average speed and fuel economy alongside various other common readings. It might also get Bluetooth-based smartphone connectivity support.
- Powering the new Hero Karizma XMR will be a 210cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled DOHC engine, which is expected to return 25PS and 20Nm. The teaser also hints towards a top speed of 143 kmph.
- It is likely to be offered with a 6-speed gearbox, aided by a slip-and-assist clutch – a first for any production Hero bike. For those who aren’t aware, the slip-&-assist clutch decreases rear-wheel skidding during aggressive downshifting and reduces clutch lever effort during gear shifts.
- Other noteworthy elements of the bike will include clip-on-handlebars for precise handling, split seat arrangement, rear-set footpegs for an aggressive riding stance, spoked alloy wheels coupled with disc brakes at both ends and a dual-channel Antilock Braking System (ABS) for improved braking security.
We expect Hero to price the new Karizma XMR from around Rs 2 lakh (ex-showroom), positioning it against the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and Bajaj Pulsar RS200.