Tata Nexon Facelift To Launch On This Date
The launch date for the Tata Nexon facelift and Nexon EV facelift has finally been revealed as September 14. This will be the first major update for the Nexon since 2020. However, Tata has been giving it minor updates frequently over the years.
- As already revealed through multiple spy shots, both the ICE-powered and electric versions of the Tata Nexon SUV will receive significant design changes and a host of new features.
- Design-wise, they will receive completely refreshed front and rear profiles, taking inspiration from the Tata Curvv and Harrier EV. The notable highlights include a new humanity line with a full-length LED DRL, split headlamp setup, sharper bumpers and connected LED tail lamp.
- Inside, the Nexon will flaunt a cleaner-looking dashboard layout with redesigned AC vents, a touch-based climate control panel, a new cabin theme and the Tata Avinya-inspired steering wheel with a display in its centre.
- Regarding features, the facelift Nexon will get a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment, a digital driver’s display, and up to six airbags. It might also get a 36-degree camera, front parking sensors and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS).
- Underneath the hood, the ICE-powered Nexon is expected to carry forward the ongoing 1.5-litre diesel engine with 6-speed manual and AMT transmission options. However, the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine is likely to be replaced by Tata’s new and more powerful 1.2-litre TGDI turbo-petrol engine. It might also receive a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission option.
- Speaking of the EV, it is unlikely to get any changes to its powertrains. Currently, it is being offered with two battery pack options: 30.2kWh and 40.5kWh, claiming an IDC range of up to 312 km and 453 km, respectively.
- Considering all the mentioned changes, the facelifted Tata Nexon and Nexon EV will undergo a significant price hike. For reference, the ICE-powered Tata Nexon is currently priced between Rs 8 – 14.60 lakh (ex-showroom), whereas its electric version ranges from 14.39 lakh to 19.54 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi).