After almost four years since the concept version’s unveiling, the Tesla Cybertruck has finally been launched, with the first 10 units delivered to its customers in Texas. It’s an all-electric utility truck, the specifications of which will blow your mind.
Unconventional Design; Bulletproof Body
- The Tesla Cybertruck features unconventional angular and boxy shapes, breaking away from the traditional norms of automotive design.
- Its body uses ultra-hard 30X cold-rolled stainless steel, aiming to minimise dents, damage, and long-term corrosion. In fact, it also happens to be BULLETPROOF. At the delivery event, the EV manufacturer also demonstrated the production-ready Cybertruck effortlessly withstanding gunfire from a .45 calibre Tommy gun, a handgun and even a submachine gun.
- The electric pickup also features Class-4-rated SHATTER-RESISTANT armour glass that can withstand heavy impacts. It also results in a much quieter cabin.
- Against the measuring tape, the Cybertuck stands at 5682mm in length, 1791mm in height and 2413mm in width. It boasts a ground clearance of 443mm in Extract mode.
- Its rear vault measures 6 ft long and 4 ft wide, with a maximum payload capacity of nearly 1134 kg. It can be used in a variety of ways.
- It also offers additional storage space in the trunk.
- The Tesla Cybertuck features a minimalistic-designed cabin with a massive 18.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system taking centre stage. There’s also the secondary 9.5-inch touchscreen unit situated at the end of the centre tunnel for rear passengers. The dashboard neatly integrates ambient lighting and air-con vents.
- It can seat five occupants, including the driver.
- Tesla has given multiple options throughout the cabin to charge your mobile and other smart gadgets. These include wireless chargers, 65W type-C ports, and 120V/240V power outlets.
- Called the “BIOWEAPON DEFENSE MODE”, Tesla has loaded the Cybertuck with a built-in HEPA filter to protect its occupants from airborne particles.
- Other creature comforts of this electrified utility truck include a 15-speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers, V2L (Vehicle-to-Load) function and an all-glass roof.
- Tesla is offering three powertrain options for the Cybertruck: Single-motor RWD, dual-motor AWD, and tri-motor AWD (Cyberbeast).
- The RWD versions will arrive in 2025, with a claimed range of over 400 km.
- Speaking of the dual-motor version, it offers 608PS of max grunt and a whopping 10,000Nm of peak twist, enabling the truck to do 0-96 kmph sprint in just 4.1 seconds before attaining a top speed of 180 kmph. Tesla says that the dual-motor AWD trim will offer a range of over 547 km, along with a towing capacity of 4989.5 kg.
- The highlight of the Tesla Cybertruck is its top-spec tri-motor AWD variant called the “CYBERBEAST”, which claims a combined power output of 857PS and a tremendous torque output of 14,000Nm, which drops its 0-96 kmph acceleration time to just 2.6 seconds. It’s so fast that it can thrash the Porche 911 in a drag race while pulling a 911 on a trailer behind it.
- The estimated range of the Cyberbeast variant stands at 515 km, while the towing capacity is the same as the dual-motor version.
- Tesla will also offer the Cybertruck with an optional ‘range extender’, increasing the range figures to over 756 kilometres.
Battery Packs and Charging Time
Technical specifications of its battery packs are still under the wraps. However, it features 800V electrical infrastructure for faster charging support of up to 250kW, which can add around 218 km of range in just 15 minutes of charging.
Tesla Cybertruck Price List
Prices of the Tesla Cybertruck start from $ 60,990 (approximately Rs 50.80 lakh) in the US for RWD trim, which stretches to $ 79,990 (Rs 66.63 lakh) for the dual-motor AWD version and Rs 99,990 (Rs 83.29 lakh) for the top-spec Cyberbeast.