Off-Road Capable Jeep Compass Trailhawk Makes Comeback At Rs 30.72 Lakh
The off-road-focused Jeep Compass Trailhawk has finally made a comeback in India, albeit in a facelifted avatar. Priced at Rs 30.72 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), it is Rs 1.38 lakh more expensive than the top-spec S regular diesel automatic variant.
2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk – What’s New?
- The 2022 Trailhawk gets all the updates of the facelifted Compass, which was launched in January last year. That said, it gets a new front grille, sleeker LED headlamps with DRLs, revised bumper, and refreshed alloys.
- Being a rugged version of the Compass mid-size SUV, the Trailhawk gets new 17-inch alloys wrapped in 225/65R17 all-season tires, raised ride height (205mm), and better approach & departure angles of 30° and 34°, respectively as against the regular car’s 16.8° and 31.7°, respectively. It has a water wading capacity of 483mm. Besides, it also benefits from full underbody protection plates.
- There are also the hood decals, Trailhawk badging on the front fender & boot, red-accented ‘Compass’ badging on the front doors, scuff plates, and a red toe hook on the rear.
- On the inside, the updated Trailhawk gets facelifted Compass’ new dashboard design, with red stitching and ‘Trailhawk’ insignia on the black leather seats.
- Features list includes automatic LED projector headlamps, cornering LED fog lamps, rain-sensing wipers, powered front seats with ventilation function, memory function for the driver’s seat, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 10.25-inch digital driver’s display, dual-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, 6 airbags, 360-degree camera, traction control, electronic stability control, hill start assist, electronic roll mitigation, frequency selective damping suspension, etc.
- It also gains a low-range drive system with a 20:1 crawl ratio, and an exclusive ‘Rock’ mode along with standard Compass’s Snow, Mud, and Auto modes.
- Jeep has also retuned the suspension setup to suit its character.
Engine and Gearbox
The 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk utilises the same 170PS/350Nm 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine as the regular model, paired with a 9-speed torque converter automatic transmission and all-wheel-drivetrain. Compared to the standard model, there are no petrol and diesel-manual options.