Maruti Fronx vs Citroen C3 vs Tata Altroz vs Hyundai i20: Specification and Mileage Comparison
The Baleno-based Maruti Suzuki Fronx is all set to hit the Indian market in the coming days. Bookings for the sub-4m crossover are already underway. While it doesn’t have any direct rival, it can be seen as a more rugged alternative to the Tata Altroz, Hyundai i20, Citroen C3 and its younger siblings, Maruti Baleno and Toyota Glanza.
Here we’ve compared the engine specifications and fuel efficiency (mileage) figures of the Fronx with the above-mentioned premium hatchbacks.
Naturally Aspirated Petrol Engines (Non-Turbo)
|Gearbox||5-speed manual / AMT||5-speed manual / AMT||5-speed manual / CVT||5-speed manual / 6-speed DCT||5-speed manual|
|Mileage||21.79kmpl / 22.89kmpl||22.35kmpl/ 22.94kmpl||20.3kmpl / 19.6kmpl||19.3kmpl||19.8kmpl|
Also Read: Maruti Alto K10 and WagonR: Crash Test Analysis
- The Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Baleno get the same 1.2L naturally aspirated petrol engine, making 90PS and 113Nm. However, their fuel efficiency figures slightly differ due to their weight difference of 15kg.
- The Maruti siblings are the most powerful of the lot.
- While the Citroen C3 is the least powerful offering with its 1.2L mill, it offers the most torque among all.
- The Maruti Baleno and Toyota Glanza are the most fuel-efficient cars here, followed by Fronx, Hyundai i20, and Citroen C3.
- Tata Altroz claims the least fuel efficiency.
- The Citroen C3 misses out on the automatic transmission.
Turbocharged Petrol Engines
|Gearbox||5-speed manual / 6-speed automatic||6-speed iMT / 7-speed DCT||5-speed manual||6-speed manual|
|Mileage||21.5kmpl / 20.1kmpl||20.2kmpl||18.13kmpl||19.4kmpl|
Also Read: Nissan Magnite Gets Expensive, Here’s How Much You’ll Have To Shell Out More
- The Hyundai i20 has the most powerful turbo-petrol engine in its class. Its fuel efficiency is on par with Fronx Turbo-AT.
- The turbo-petrol motors of the Altroz and C3 are more powerful than the Fronx’s turbo Booster jet unit.
- In terms of mileage, the Altroz is again the least efficient of all.
- Automatic transmission options aren’t available with the Tata and Citroen models.