Mahindra Discontinues KUV100 NXT, Bookings Closed
Mahindra has reportedly discontinued its entry-level micro SUV, the KUV100 NXT. While we await the official word from Mahindra, the authorised dealerships have stopped taking bookings for it.
- The Mahindra KUV100 NXT never enjoyed healthy sales since its launch in 2017.
- For those who aren’t aware, it was a 6-seater car.
- A dashboard-mounted gear lever enabled Mahindra to install a third seat in front, which could be folded down to make a huge centre armrest.
- As for the creature’s comfort, it was loaded with features like 7-inch touchscreen infotainment with Bluetooth connectivity, four-speaker sound system, steering-mounted controls, manual AC, height-adjustable driver’s seat, electrically adjustable side mirrors, cooled glovebox, mood lighting, puddle lamps, rear wiper & washer, and a rear defogger.
- Its safety kit included dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, speed-sensing automatic door locks, rear parking sensors, and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- Powering the KUV100 NXT was a 1.2-litre mFalcon petrol engine (82PS/115Nm) paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- A diesel engine option was also available till the introduction of BS6 Phase-I emission norms.
- Before being axed, the KUV100 was priced between Rs 6.06 lakh to 7.72 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), and was a rival to the Tata Punch and Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
- Mahindra is expected to reintroduce the KUV100 in a pure electric avatar sometime in the future.