Honda Activa Gets More Safer With The Launch Of A New Smart Variant
Honda Two Wheelers has launched a new variant of Activa 6G in India called ‘H-Smart’ at Rs 80,537 (ex-showroom), making it Rs 3,501 and Rs 6,001 more expensive than the DLX and Standard steel wheel variants, respectively. Here’s all that it offers: –
- The Honda Activa H-Smart Variant comes with an intelligent key that enables keyless operation and remote start (Smart START) and remote locking functions (Smart UNLOCK) for the scooter. However, the smart key should be in the 2-meter proximity of the scooter for it to start.
- It also features the ‘Smart FIND’ function to find the vehicle. However, it only works in the 10-meter proximity of the scooter.
- There’s also a feature called ‘Smart SAFE’ that is essentially an anti-theft function. It automatically locks the scooter when the smartkey goes out of the scooter’s range.
- The Activa H-Smart is also the brand’s first product in India to get the OBD-2 port.
- Compared to the Standard and DLX variants, the new H-Smart trim also gets alloy wheels wrapped in new tubeless tyres with Tyre Compound Technology that significantly decreases rolling resistance to maintain the road grip.
Honda has offered the Activa H-Smart variant in as many as six colour options – Decent Blue, Black, Rebel Red Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Pearl Precious White, and Pearl Siren Blue.
Powering the Honda Activa H-Smart is the same 109.51cc engine as the standard 6G (rated at 7.79PS and 8.84Nm), equipped with an ACG starter, which starts the engine silently by eliminating the gear meshing noise.
Honda has also announced to introduce flex fuel two-wheelers in the Indian market soon. The Japanese bike maker has also revealed its vision for 100 percent of global sales from electric and fuel-cell vehicles by 2040.