Aprilia RS457 Revealed; India Launch Soon
The highly-awaited Aprilia RS457 supersport motorcycle has finally made its global debut. It will soon make its way to the Indian market as well. But ahead of its India launch, here’s everything you need to know about this Italian superbike: –
- The all-new Aprilia RS457 flaunts a sharp and aggressive silhouette with an aerodynamic body. It has been designed & developed at Aprilia’s headquarters in Noale, Italy, along with some inputs from the Indian team. In India, the bike will be built at Piaggio’s factory in Baramati, Maharashtra.
- Taking inspiration from the RS-GP racer, the Aprilia RS457 features a clip-on handlebar, a brawny fuel tank, and a rider-only saddle. The handlebars are positioned above the fork clamp for a more aggressive riding stance.
- When it comes to features, the superbike gets a twin-LED headlight setup, a 5-inch TFT display with Bluetooth connectivity, rider-by-wire technology, three riding modes, backlit switchgear, three levels of traction control, and an underbelly exhaust system.
- The bike is based on a twin-spar aluminium frame, suspended on the 41mm USD from and monoshock; both come with preload adjustability.
- Anchoring duties are handled by a 320mm front disc with 4 piston callipers and 220mm rear disc brake, assisted by a dual-channel Antilock Braking System (ABS) with a supermoto mode.
- Tipping the scale at 175kg, the Aprilia RS457 is roughly 7kg heavier than the Kawasaki Ninja 400.
- At the heart of the Aprilia RS457 is a 457cc liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder, DOHC engine that kicks out a max power output of 47.6PS. It gets a 6-speed gearbox with an optional quick-shifter.
Must Read: TVS Apache RTR 310 Launched At Rs 2.42 Lakh
Expected Launch Timeline
While it’s not official, the Aprilia is likely to launch the new RS457 around the MotoGP Grand Prix of India weekend (Sept 22-24). Expect the bike to bear a price tag of around Rs 4.5 lakh (ex-showroom). Once launched, it will lock horns with the KTM Duke 390 and the Kawasaki Ninja 400.