Yamaha Launched Online Retail Platform In India
In a bid to provide buyers with the safe contactless service to minimize the exposure to Coronavirus, Yamaha has launched a new online retail platform called the ‘Virtual Store’
It has been added as a new section on the existing company website and the company says that the Virtual Store aims to enhance customer’s convenience and provide them with a user-intuitive interface.
Yamaha is not the first automotive brand to launch an online platform, prominent car manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Mahindra introduced these services in order to provide the buyers with an absolutely safe experience in the COVID-19 era.
- Under the ‘Buyers Guide’ tab, the Store will provide a 360-degree view of the product and will also allow the customers to compare specs with other Yamaha two-wheelers.
- After choosing the nearest Yamaha showroom, customers can book their Yamaha two-wheeler online after paying a token amount of Rs 5,000.
- It is important to note that the online booking facility is currently available only on selected Motorcycle range – YZF R15 V3.0, MT 15, FZ 25, FZS 25, FZS FI V3.0 and FZ FI V3.0
- As of now, no Yamaha scooter can be booked through the online booking facility.
- Yamaha dealerships will provide contactless delivery to customers if they are willing for the same.
- All the documentation needs and queries can be addressed through digital communication tools like WhatsApp.
- Although the online sales program will start from Chennai, Yamaha plans to integrate over 300 dealerships by the end of 2020.
- The company will also introduce the option of buying biking apparel and Auxillary accessories online through the same website.
There is no denying the fact that initiatives like these will power the industry ahead in the times to come, as discussed in the article as well, many prominent manufacturers have launched these portals, and in the time to come, we will definitely see other manufacturers largely going online.
These online virtual stores will not remain limited to the sales only, the majority of service and maintenance chores will be delivered at the doorstep in order to ensure maximum consumer safety.