Indian Two-wheeler manufacturer TVS is among the manufacturers who have got a lot of options for buyers in the sub 2 lakh segment. The Zeppelin cruiser is the first cruiser concept by TVS which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
TVS Zeppelin: Features
The concept model previewed was having the following features:-
- It houses a full LED headlamp with a LED tail lamp. The production version is expected to come equipped with the same.
- It carries a long sporty like fuel tank with a lowered single-piece seat.
- It is powered by a 220cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected, oil-cooled engine.
- It houses premium components like 41mm USD forks in the front, belt drive, and Pirelli tires. Apart from the USD, it is unlikely for the production model to get other features. In the rear, it will come with an adjustable mono-shock suspension.
- It also carries a straight handlebar, forward set footpegs, and bar end mirrors which will most likely be replaced with conventional rearview mirrors.
- The production model is expected to offer disc brakes at both wheels with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The cruiser bike will rival against the Bajaj Avenger 220. It could be priced around Rs. 1.30 lakh (ex-showroom). At this price point, we can consider its competition with the Suzuki Intruder also. It is likely to hit Indian roads within this year.
Why TVS Zeppelin has not launched yet?
Now it is already 2 years ever since the concept was first showcased but we haven't heard much about Zeppelin after that. One reason for that can be the segment itself. Both Avenger and intruder aren't selling much. This segment isn't very popular in India, which might have triggered a second thought in TVS's mind. But considering the fact that TVS was very serious about the concept, we might see Launch of Zeppelin by the end of 2020.
Meanwhile, TVS fans have already started asking for an adventure version of RTR and RR 310.
BTW, do you know what Zeppelin means? If yes, then please let us know in the comment section below.