Volvo C40 Recharge Electric SUV-Coupe Revealed In India; Launch In Aug
Swedish automaker Volvo has revealed the SUV-coupe version of the electrified XC40 in India, dubbed as “C40 Recharge”. Its launch will take place in August this year.
Design and Dimensions
- Based on the Compact Modular Architecture platform, the C40 Recharge looks largely similar to the XC40 Recharge, featuring a closed-off grille upfront flanked by LED headlamps with integrated Thor’s hammer DRLs.
- The side profile showcases identical body contouring, lower side skirts, and 19-inch alloy wheels, while the distinguishing feature lies in the sloping roofline of this stylish SUV coupe, seamlessly merging into the rear windscreen, albeit compromising headroom.
- Dimensionally, the SUV coupe measures 4,431mm long, 1,863mm wide and 1,582mm tall. The wheelbase extends to 2,702mm, and its boot space capacity is 413 litres.
Interior and Features
- The interior design of the car is identical to the XC40 Recharge, with key features including –
- A portrait-style 9-inch touchscreen with Android OS and in-built Google Maps and Google Assistant
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Dual-zone climate control
- Powered front seats with heating & cooling function
- Panoramic sunroof
- 360-degree camera
- Multiple airbags
- 360-degree camera
- ADAS tech (including dynamic cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring system, parking assistant, etc.)
- Powering the C40 Recharge is an all-wheel drive electric drivetrain delivering an output of 408PS of max power and 660Nm of torque.
- It’s 78kWh lithium-ion battery provides a range of up to 450 km on a single charge allowing the EV to complete the century spirit in just 4.7 seconds.
- When it comes to charging, the EV takes around 7.5 hours with an AC input of 11 kW for a full charge. On the other hand, a DC fast charger with up to 150 kW capacity takes 28 minutes for 10-80%.
Expected Price and Rivals
Expect the C40 Recharge to command a significant premium over the XC40 Recharge, which currently retails at Rs 46.40 lakh (ex-showroom). Once launched, it will go up against the Kia EV6 in the Indian market.