Maruti Suzuki Jimny Waiting Period Extending Around 8 Months
- The Maruti Suzuki Jimny was recently launched in India; however, its bookings were opened in January this year.
- Since then, it has gained more than 30,000 bookings and is still getting about 150 bookings daily. Consequently, interested buyers will now have to face a substantial waiting period of approximately eight months for the Maruti Jimny.
- Nevertheless, in order to decrease the waiting period on the Jimny, Maruti Suzuki has plans to increase the production of the SUV.
Maruti Jimny – A Quick Overview
- The Maruti Suzuki Jimny comes with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with Idle Start-Stop technology, delivering 105PS/134Nm.
- It claims a fuel efficiency of up to 16.94 kmpl.
- The off-roader can be had with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission paired with Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro 4WD system.
- Maruti offers the Jimny in two variants: Alpha and Zeta, priced between Rs 12.74 lakh to Rs 14.89 lakh (ex-showroom).
- When it comes to features, it comes loaded with a 9-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, auto climate control, cruise control, powered ORVMs, six airbags, ESC, hill hold & descent assist, traction control and much more. Click here for variant-wise feature details.
- In the Indian market, the Jimny goes up against the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.