Unofficial Bookings Commenced For Honda’s Upcoming Creta-Rivaling SUV
The pre-launch bookings for Honda’s upcoming Hyundai Creta-rivaling SUV have reportedly begun at select dealerships across the country. Interested customers can make their reservation for a token money of Rs 21,000.
Honda is expected to unveil this mid-size SUV in May this year, followed by a launch in the later months.
Upcoming Honda SUV – What We Know So Far?
- The new Honda SUV will share its underpinnings with the 5th-gen City.
- It is expected to measure around 4.2 meters in length.
- It will boast a traditional SUV-like aggressive profile and rugged styling.
- As revealed by spy shots, it will have a hunchback-like rear profile, smooth LED DRLs, LED headlights, roof rails, and chunky body cladding all around the SUV.
- While we are yet to get a glimpse of its interiors, we expect it to be a feature-rich offering.
- Expect Honda to equip the SUV with an electric sunroof, a big touchscreen system, connected car tech, a digital driver’s display, a wireless smartphone charger, powered seats, and ambient lighting.
- Passengers’ safety is expected to be ensured by six airbags, traction control, electronic stability control, a 360-degree surround view system and the Honda Sensing Suite, which is essentially Honda’s jargon for Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS).
- Its ADAS suite should include features such as adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, high beam assist,t lane keep assist, cross-traffic alert, etc.
- Underneath the hood, the upcoming Honda utility vehicle is likely to use the City’s 1.5-litre petrol engine with the option of self-charging strong-hybrid technology.
- Transmission options should include a 6-speed manual and CVT automatic.
- We expect Honda to price this SUV from around Rs 11 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, it will go up against the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Maruti Grand Vitara, Toyota Hyryder, MG Astor, Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun.