Toyota Innova Hycross Vs Innova Crysta – Features and Specifications Comparison
The Toyota Innova Hycross is all set to make its India debut on November 25. However, it has already been revealed in Indonesia. So, in order to see what all has changed, we have compared its Indonesian-spec version to the ongoing Innova Crysta.
|Innova Crysta||Innova Hycross|
|LxWxH||4,735 x 1,830 x 1,795 mm||4,755 x 1,850 x 1,795 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,750 mm||2,850 mm|
|Ground Clearance||178 mm||185 mm|
|Platform||IMV ladder-on-frame||TNGA monocoque|
|Seating Options||7 / 8||6 / 7 / 8|
- As the above table indicates, the wheelbase of the Innova Hycross is 100mm longer than the Innova Crysta which will make the cabin more roomier.
- Unlike the Crysta, the Hycross will also be available in a 6-seater version, featuring more premium captain seats in the second row with leg support.
- The most significant change can be seen in the form of the new TNGA monocoque platform instead of the IMV ladder-on-frame chassis, which will improve the stability and driveability of the new MPV.
|Toyota Innova Crysta||Toyota Innova Crysta||Toyota Innova Hycross||Toyota Innova Hycross|
|Engine||2.7-litre petrol||2.4-litre diesel||2-litre Petrol||2-litre Petrol with Strong-Hybrid System|
|Max Power||166PS||150PS||174PS||186PS (system), 152PS (engine) and 113PS (motor)|
|Peak Torque||145Nm||Up to 360Nm||205Nm||187Nm (engine) and 206Nm (motor)|
|Gearbox||5-speed MT or 6-speed AT||5-speed MT or 6-speed AT||CVT||e-CVT|
Unlike the Innova Crysta which comes in both petrol and diesel guises, the Hycross will be available only in the petrol version. It will also get the option of a segment’s first strong-hybrid powertrain that will make a combined power output of 186PS. Furthermore, it gets a front-wheel-drive setup, whereas the Innova Crysta has a rear-wheel-drive configuration.
- Hyundai Creta Diesel vs Toyota Hyryder Strong-Hybrid: Which Car Makes More Sense
- Toyota Hyryder vs Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara: Price Comparison
Compared to the Innova Crysta, the Innova Hycross is a more feature-rich offering, many of them are first for Toyota’s India lineup. Part of the kit includes a 10-inch floating touchscreen infotainment with wireless smartphone integration support, connected car technology, electric tailgate with voice command operation support, power adjustable rear captain seats with leg rest, 360-degree surround view system, panoramic sunroof and Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 (ADAS suite).
|Model||Toyota Innova Crysta||Toyota Innova Hycross|
|Ex-Showroom Price||Rs 18.09 – 23.83 lakh||Rs 20 lakh (expected)|