Facelifted Tata Nexon EV Teased; Launch Soon
Soon after the unveiling of the new Tata Nexon, the carmaker has now teased the facelifted version of its electric counterpart. It is slated to make its debut on September 7, while the price announcement is expected to take place on September 14, along with its ICE version.
2023 Tata Nexon EV Facelift (Nexon.ev) – What’s New?
- The latest teaser of the upcoming Tata Nexon EV facelift reveals that the upgraded SUV will be called “Nexon.ev”, as part of the carmaker’s new brand identity for its electric division.
- The Nexon.ev will feature a completely revised front facia, featuring an EV-specific closed-off grille adorned with LED DRLs that spans the entire width of the car. The main headlamp setup will be largely similar to its updated ICE version, placed in a trapezoidal housing.
- Similar to its facelifted ICE version, the Nexon.ev will also get a new connected LED taillight and revamped tailgate design.
- Expect the EV to also receive a new design for the rear bumper and alloy wheels.
- The interior and the features list of the Tata Nexon.ev is yet to be revealed, but we expect it to remain largely similar to its facelifted ICE version, save for the cabin colour scheme. Highlights for its features list include a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment, a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, a new 2-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated Tata logo, a touch-based AC control panel, cruise control, 360-degree camera, ventilated front seats, a 9-speaker JBL sound system, blind-view monitoring, front parking sensors, electronic stability control and much more.
Currently, there’s no information about powertrain updates. But we anticipate potential improvements in the range, performance and possibility of faster charging support.
Expect the facelifted Tata Nexon.ev to bear a substantial price premium over its current model, which ranges between Rs 14.49 lakh and Rs 19.54 lakh (ex-showroom).