Tata Altroz iTurbo has been launched at a starting price of Rs 7.74 lakh (ex-showroom). Offered in three variants, it is powered by Nexon's turbocharged petrol engine which has been detuned to develop 110PS of maximum power and 140Nm of peak torque. While we have already compared its engine specifications and other parameters with the segment rival Hyundai i20 Turbo and Volkswagen Polo TSI, here is the detailed price comparison of the trio hot-hatches: –
Hyundai i20 Turbo
Volkswagen Polo TSI
XT iTurbo – Rs 7.74 lakh
XZ iTurbo – Rs 8.46 lakh)
Highline Plus TSI– Rs 8.34 lakh
XZ+ iTurbo – Rs 8.86 lakh
1.0L Turbo Sports (iMT) – Rs 8.80 lakh
Highline Plus TSI (AT) – Rs 9.45 lakh
1.0L Turbo Asta (iMT) – Rs 9.90 lakh
GT TSI – Rs 9.93 lakh
1.0L Turbo Asta (DCT) – Rs 10.67 lakh
1.0L Turbo Asta(O) (DCT) – Rs 11.18 lakh
*All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
- The prices of Altroz iTurbo start from Rs 7.74 lakh for the XT trim and go all the way to Rs 8.86 lakh for the newly introduced XZ+ variant. With this, it is the most affordable turbocharged petrol option in the segment.
- The Altroz iTurbo is Rs 60,000 cheaper than the Volkswagen Polo's Highline Plus TSI trim, which is the second most affordable turbo model in the premium hatchback segment.
- Hyundai i20 Turbo, on the other hand, starts from Rs 8.80 lakh, which is just Rs 6,000 less than the Altroz iTurbo's top-spec XZ+ trim. And thus, Tata does make a strong case for itself.
Also Read- 2021 Tata Altroz iTurbo: Variants Explained
- As of now, the Altroz iTurbo is only being offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox, whereas the Polo and i20 Turbo get both manual and automatic transmission options. However, the manual gearbox available with the i20 is a clutch-pedal less unit. To be precise, it comes with a two-pedal setup just like an automatic model but with a conventional manual shifting gear lever. Hyundai calls it iMT (intelligent Manual Transmission).
- For the automatic unit, the Korean offering gets a dual-clutch unit, whereas the Deutsche machine comes with a torque converter unit. Tata will also introduce a Punch Powertrain sourced DCT automatic gearbox with the Altroz in near future.
Tata Altroz iTurbo First Drive Impression Video Review