Skoda Kushaq Onyx Edition Launched- Cosmetic Changes, Extra Features
Skoda Auto has launched a new special edition variant of the Kushaq SUV, the Onyx Edition, at Rs 12.39 lakh (ex-showroom). Based on the base-spec 1.0L Active manual variant, this special edition trim commands a premium of Rs 80,000 over its donor trim.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Onyx Edition: –
Skoda Kushaq Onyx Edition – What’s New?
The new Skoda Kushaq Onyx Edition sits between the Active and Ambition variants of the SUV. It gets a host of visual enchantments and a few additional features over the Active variant. These include: –
- LED projector headlamps with daytime running lamps (DRLs)
- Faux diffuser on the front bumper
- Chrome surrounds on the front grille
- Fog lamps with cornering function
- Newly styled wheel covers
- Body decals/graphics on front & rear doors
- Onyx badging on the B-pillar
- Rear washer and wiper with defogger
- Onyx badging on the scuff plates and headrests
- Automatic climate control
- Air purifier
Aside from the above-mentioned features, the rest of the features are the same as the Active variant, comprising a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, 6 speakers, height adjustable driver’s seat, power windows, remote locking, dual airbags, ISOFIX anchors, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), and electronic stability control.
Engine and Gearbox
Skoda offers the Kushaq Onyx Edition with the 1-litre, 3-cylinder, TSI turbocharged petrol engine of the SUV, paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. It doesn’t get the two-pedal convenience.
In the mid-size SUV segment, the Kushaq locks horns with the Maruti Grand Vitara, Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and MG Astor.