Latest Update: Nissan has finally launched the Magnite SUV at a start price of Rs 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom India). To know more about it, click here.
Nissan India has begun production of the upcoming Nissan Magnite SUV. It is slated to be launch in early 2021. But ahead of the launch, the Japanese maker has revealed its variant-wise features and engine availability details.
Nissan Magnite – Variants
The upcoming Nissan Magnite sub-4m SUV will be available in four variants: XE, XL, XV, and XV Premium.
Engine & Gearbox Options
As we have reported earlier, the Nissan Magnite will be available with two engine options: a 1.0-litre B4D dual-VVT naturally aspirated (NA) petrol & 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol. Both engines will come with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, while the turbocharged petrol engine will also get a CVT automatic gearbox option. Here's the variant-wise powertrain breakup: –
|1.0-litre NA petrol with manual gearbox||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|1.0-litre turbo petrol with manual gearbox||❌||✔||✔||✔|
|1.0-litre turbo petrol with CVT automatic||❌||✔||✔||✔|
Nissan Magnite Variant-wise Features
Nissan has shared some of the key features of all the variants. Here have a brief look at the variant-wise features details: –
1. Nissan Magnite XE
- Exterior – 16-inch steel wheels, front and rear faux skid plates, roof rails with a loading carrying capacity up to 50kgs.
- Interior – dual-tone interior.
- Comfort & Convenience – all-four power windows, 3.5-inch TFT instrument cluster.
- Safety – dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seat belt reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors
2. Nissan Magnite XL
Key Features (Over XE trim) –
- Entertainment- integrated audio system, 6-speakers.
- Comfort & Convenience – steering mounted controls, automatic climate control, electrically adjustable and foldable wing mirrors.
3. Nissan Magnite XV
Key Features (Over XL trim) –
- Exterior – 16-inch dual-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED DRLs and fog lamps.
- Entertainment- An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Voice recognition functionality.
- Comfort & Convenience – 7-inch coloured instrument cluster, push-button start/stop.
- Safety – Rearview camera.
- Technology Package (Optional) – Nissan will also offer an optional Technology Package with XV trim. Under this package, the brand will offer some additional equipment like wireless charging, air purifier, ambient mood lighting, puddle lamps, and JBL speakers, etc.
4. Nissan Magnite XV Premium
Key Features (Over XV trim) –
- Exterior – LED bi-projector headlamps.
- Interior – All-black interiors.
- Comfort & Convenience – Cruise control,
- Safety – 360-degree camera, tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Technology Package (Optional) – Like the XV variant, Nissan will also offer the tech pack with the XV Premium trim.
Expected Pricing & Rivals
The Nissan Magnite sub-4m SUV is likely to launch in January 2021, and the pre-launch bookings of the car are supposed to begin in the coming weeks. We expect its base price to start around Rs 5.5 lakh.