New Details On Maruti YFG & Toyota Hyryder SUVs
Toyota’s upcoming Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is likely to be unveiled on July 1, 2022. Just a few days ago, we got a glimpse of its front profile and learned about its powertrain options, and now we’ve got new information about this upcoming mid-size SUV that the brand has jointly developed with Maruti Suzuki. Here’s a look: –
- According to a fresh media report, the Toyota Hyryder and Maruti YFG SUV (codename) will underpin Suzuki’s Global-C architecture instead of Toyota’s DNGA platform. This is the same platform that also underpins Maruti Ciaz, S-Cross, and the global-spec Vitara SUV.
- We already know that both SUVs will be powered by a 1.5-liter petrol engine with mild-hybrid and strong-hybrid tech options. This is the same K15C Dual-Jet gasoline mill that also powers the facelifted Ertiga and XL6. However, it is worth noting that the robust hybrid system has been sourced from Toyota, and Suzuki has integrated it with its K-series engine.
- Despite using Suzuki’s platform and engine, both the SUVs will be manufactured at Toyota’s plant.
- Reports also indicate that Maruti Suzuki will call its version of the mid-size SUV “VITARA” in India and will also be exported to European countries, where the current Vitara SUV is due for an update. Furthermore, the removal of the Vitara moniker for the new Brezza further reinforces this point and paves the way for its use on the brand’s new midsize SUV in India.
- We’ve also got a sneak peek at the cabin of the upcoming Toyota Hyryder /Maruti YFG SUVs, which look premium and loaded with features. You can check out right here.