This Could Be The Possible Name Of Maruti’s Upcoming Version Of Innova Hycross
Maruti Suzuki has filed a trademark application for the name ‘ENGAGE’ in India, indicating the badge may feature on its upcoming MPV, which is expected to be a rebadged version of the Toyota Innova Hycross.
Note: It’s important not to treat this trademark filing as an indisputable truth because automakers typically have multiple names in consideration for their upcoming products. So while the filing may provide some insight, it may not necessarily mean the final decision or be entirely accurate.
However, based on the information available to us, we can share what we know about the upcoming Maruti Suzuki MPV (Engage).
- The new Maruti Suzuki MPV is reported to be launched by July 2023.
- It will be the brand’s new flagship product in India that will be positioned above the Grand Vitara in its current lineup.
- In terms of design, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki MPV will feature some differences from the Toyota offering, particularly with updated front and rear profiles. However, it will underpin the brand’s TNGA-C platform with a front-wheel drive system.
- As for the interior, the cabin design will be similar to that of the Innova Hycross, although there could be a different colour scheme.
- The MPV will be loaded with features like floating infotainment, wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto, digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, wireless charging, 360-degree camera, up to 6 airbags, ESC and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS).
- The upcoming Maruti Suzuki MPV will come equipped with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, available with or without strong hybrid technology. With the latter, it is expected to return a fuel efficiency of around 21.1 kmpl.
- We anticipate Maruti to price its upcoming flagship MPV between Rs 19 lakh and Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom), placing it as an affordable alternative to the Kia Carnival.