Maruti Suzuki Commenced Series Production Of The 5-Door Jimny
Latest Update: The highly anticipated Maruti Suzuki Jimny has finally made its way to the Indian market. Tap here to see its complete price list.
- Maruti Suzuki has begun series production of the 5-door Jimny off-roader ahead of its expected launch in the first week of June 2023.
- Bookings for the SUV are already underway and it has garnered over 25,000 pre-orders so far.
- Unlike its global-spec version which comes in a 3-door guise, the Indian spec will be offered in a long-wheelbase 5-door avatar, measuring 3985mm in length, 1645mm in width and 1720mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2590mm and a ground clearance of 210mm.
- Regarding its off-road capabilities, the vehicle boasts an approach angle of 36°, a ramp break-over angle of 24°, and a departure angle of 50°. The SUV also benefits from the SUV’s AllGrip Pro 4×4 drive system, which also comes with a low-range transfer case.
- Underneath the hood, the Jimny gets a 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine (103PS/134Nm), paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
- Maruti will offer the Jimny in two variants: Zeta and Alpha, with key features like a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, auto LED headlamps, cruise control, auto climate control, reversing camera, electronic stability control (ESC) and up to six airbags. Click here for variant-wise feature details.
- The Jimny will be available in 7 colour options, including 5 monotone shades and 2 dual-tone options.
- We expect Maruti Suzuki to price the Jimny from around Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom). Recently, its prices were leaked through a dealer’s invoice.