Latest Update: The highly anticipated Maruti Suzuki Jimny has finally made its way to the Indian market. Tap here to see its complete price list.
Premiered at the Auto Expo earlier this year, the 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny has bagged over 23,500 bookings ahead of its expected launch in May 2023. This could result in a longer waiting period for the lifestyle off-road utility vehicle.
All About The India-spec Maruti Suzuki Jimny
- Unlike its global-spec version which comes in a 3-door avatar, Maruti Suzuki is offering Jimny in only a 5-door iteration in India.
- Despite the fact that it is coming in the longer-wheelbase version, the Indian-spec Jimny is still a 5-seater sub-four-metre offering, making it qualified for lower taxation. Here’s a look at its dimensions: –
|Ramp breakover angle
- The Maruti Jimny sits on a ladder frame chassis.
- It will be offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine with Idle Start-Stop technology that makes 105PS and 134.2Nm.
- Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic unit, mated to the brand’s ALLGRIP PRO 4×4 system and a low-range transfer case.
- Maruti will offer the Jimny in two variants: Zeta and Alpha.
- It gets an LED lighting system, alloy wheels, a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, electrically adjustable side mirror, auto AC, cruise control, reverse camera, six airbags, and electronic stability programme (ESP). Click here for variant-wise feature details.
- Maruti Suzuki will retail the Jimny SUV through Nexa dealerships.
- It will rival the likes of Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.