Mahindra Thar EV Concept Revealed In South Africa
In addition to the OJA tractors and Scorpio N-based Global Pik UP truck, Mahindra has also taken the wraps off the electric version of Thar. Dubbed as ”Thar.e”, the electrified SUV is based on Thar’s upcoming five-door version.
Futuristic Rugged Design
- The Mahindra Thar.e sports a boxy silhouette but with several modern elements, such as funky squared-out LED headlights and a closed-off front grille that flaunts the “Thar.e” in illumination.
- Below is the sturdy steel bumper with a skid plate and tow hook, giving it a rugged appeal.
- Since it is based on the upcoming five-door version of the Thar, it features extra sets of doors for the rear passenger compartment.
- Elevate from the ground; the electrified SUV boasts squared-off wheel arches paired with sizeable alloy wheels shod with off-road focused rubbers. Overall, its side profile will remind you of the Ford Bronco.
- At the rear, it gets a tailgate-mounted spare wheel, beefy bumper, and square-off LED tail lamps.
- Regarding the platform, it will be based on the new Inglo-P1 platform. With this, its wheelbase has also been increased by 325mm from its ICE version.
Interior and Features
The interior of the new Mahindra Thar.e is completely different from the existing ICE model. It gets a minimalistic vibe, with a large touchscreen infotainment system, a new 3-spoke steering wheel and a digital driver’s display giving it a modern appeal.
Battery and Range
Mahindra is yet to reveal the powertrain details of the Thar.e. Expect it to get an all-wheel-drivetrain with multiple driving and terrain modes.
Mahindra hasn’t revealed the launch timeline of the upcoming Mahindra Thar.e. We don’t expect it to make its way to our shores before 2026.