Mahindra Scorpio N-based Global Pik Up Truck Revealed
Soon after introducing the new lineup of OJA tractors, Mahindra has now introduced its pickup truck based on the Scorpio N SUV, christened as ‘GLOBAL PIK UP”. Currently, it’s in concept avatar and will hit the production line by 2025. It will underpin the brand’s next-generation ladder frame.
Mahindra Global Pik Up – Design and Features
- Designed at Mahindra India Design Studio (MIDS), the new Mahindra Global Pik-Up concept looks rugged and muscular.
- Similarities to the Scorpio N SUV are evident in its front design, featuring similar-looking LED headlamps, hood, fenders and front doors. However, it features a massive bash plate and tow hooks (finished in red) at the lower section. Positioned above the bash plate is a bold, blacked-out grille.
- It also features a roof rack with a broad LED light bar and a snorkel to enrich its water-wadding capacity.
- Other notable design highlight includes huge steel skid plates at both ends, lower body cladding, vertically stacked LED fog lamps, 5 dual-spoke alloy wheels wrapped in off-road tyres, two spare wheels mounted on the loading bed, and LED taillamps with pixel-like design elements.
- Regarding features, the pickup truck will pack 5G connectivity, connected car technology, semi-automatic parking, a sunroof, LEVEL-2 ADAS active safety tech, and Trailer Sway Mitigation. The latter is essentially an ESP (electronic stability control)-based system that identifies when a towed trailer starts swaying and employs ESP intervention to stabilize the trailer’s movement.
- Mahindra has stated that a Gen-II all-aluminium mHawk diesel engine will power the new Global Pik Up, mated to either a 6-speed manual or an Aisin-sourced 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The pickup will also get a petrol engine in select markets.
- It will come with shift-on-fly 4×4 capabilities and four driving modes – Normal, Sand, Grass-Gravel-Snow and Mud-Rut.