Launched in mid-2019, the Kia Seltos is due for a mid-life facelift update this year. Currently, the carmaker is rigorously testing the vehicle, and recent spy shots have revealed intriguing details regarding the enhanced version of the SUV.
Kia Seltos Facelift – Exterior Design
- The testing prototype was in its highest specification, the X-Line variant, featuring a matte grey exterior paint scheme.
- The test mule was heavily camouflaged on the front and rear sections, signifying that most changes focused on those areas.
- The SUV is likely to get a new Tiger Nose grille, with revamped lighting setup.
Also Read: Hyundai Exter Rear Design Revealed
- Changes at the rear are expected to be more influential with redesigned tailgate and new vertically oriented LED tail lamps that will be connected via a sleek LED light bar.
- In addition, the vehicle will feature updated bumpers on the front and back, as well as newly designed machine-cut alloy wheels.
Interior & New Features
- Although the interior remains a mystery, it is anticipated to be redesigned to bring about a more modern and appealing look.
- Going by its global-spec version, the facelifted Seltos is expected to get a new twin-screen setup for the infotainment and a new digital instrument cluster.
- The centre console panel and switchgear may also undergo revisions as part of the facelift update.
- In terms of features, the SUV is likely to get a panoramic sunroof and ADAS functionality.
- Facelifted Kia Seltos is expected to retain its ongoing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options, along with their corresponding manual and automatic gearbox choices.
- There are speculations that a new 160PS 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine might be introduced as a replacement for the recently discontinued 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit.
We expect Kia to launch the Seltos Facelift in the second half of 2023. Once launched, it will continue its rivalry with the Hyundai Creta, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, Toyota Hyryder, MG Astor, and Maruti Grand Vitara.