Hyundai Motors has unveiled another enticing glimpse of the highly anticipated Exter SUV, showcasing two exciting features. The company has also announced that the official launch of the Exter is scheduled for July 10, 2023.
Two Important Features Revealed
- Hyundai has announced that the Exter will come equipped with two cutting-edge features that are first in its segment – a single-pane electric sunroof and a dual dashcam setup.
- The Exter’s sunroof is equipped with voice command functionality, allowing for convenient operation.
- The dual dashcam of the Exter will consist of front and rear cameras, accompanied by a 2.3-inch display. It offers seamless smartphone app connectivity and supports various recording modes.
- With the ability to capture videos in full HD resolution, the dual cameras offer distinct recording options such as Driving (normal), Event (safety), and Vacation (time-lapse).
- These features are also available in the Hyundai Venue.
- Hyundai has already revealed the safety features of the Exter that include over 40 advanced techs, including features like 6 airbags and ESC as standard fitment.
- While it’s not official, we expect Hyundai to also offer the Exter with features like a floating touchscreen infotainment, digital instrument cluster, connected car tech, wireless charging, cruise control, air purifier, auto AC and rear AC vents.
- Underneath the hood, the Exter will be offered with Grand i10 Nios’s 1.2-litre petrol engine that can be had with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT unit.
- The Korean carmaker will also offer the SUV a factory-fitted CNG kit; mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Variants and Expected Prices
- Hyundai will offer the Exter in five broad variants – EX, S, SX, SX (O), and SX (O) Connect.
- Expect the launch price of the Exter to start from around Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom), positioning it against the Tata Punch, Citroen C3, and Maruti Suzuki Fronx.