At the ongoing EICMA 2023, Hero MotoCorp unveiled two new scooters under its Xoom brand, as well as a new 250cc concept bike and two electric scooters under its Vida subsidiary. Here are the details: –
Hero Xoom 125R
- Positioned above the Xoom 110, the Hero Xoom 125R is developed to take on the likes of TVS NTorq 125, Yamaha RayZR 125 and Suzuki Avenis.
- It gets a new 124.6cc, air-cooled engine that makes 9.5PS and 10.14Nm.
- Design-wise, it boasts a bolder and more sporty transformation than the Xoom 110, featuring muscular and dynamic enhancements.
- Regarding features, it comes equipped with first-in-segment sequential LED turn indicators, an LED headlamp, a fully digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity and turn-by-turn navigation support.
- Expect Hero to launch the Xoom 125R in the coming months.
Hero Xoom 160 Maxi Scooter
With the all-new Xoom 160, Hero aims to penetrate the 160cc maxi-styled scooter, and this new model will lock horns with the Yamaha Aerox 155 and Aprilia SXR 160.
It is powered by a 156cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 14PS at 8,000 rpm and 13.7Nm at 6,500 rpm. It also benefits from Hero’s i3s start/stop technology, along with a silent starter. The Hero maxi-scooter has two split LED headlamps, a split LED taillight, keyless ignition, a remote seat opening, and a fully digital dashboard.
Hero 2.5 Xtunt Concept
Hero MotoCorp has also revealed the 2.5R Xtunt concept, designed for stunts. The bike boasts a trellis frame, inverted fork, gas-charged preload-adjustable rear monoshock, and disc brakes at both ends. The concept bike is expected to get Hero Karizma XMR’s 250cc, liquid-cooled engine.
Vida Electric Concepts
Hero MotoCorp is gearing up to launch the Vida brand in the United Kingdom, Spain and France by mid-2024. The company has also showcased the Lynx e-dirtbike concept and the Acro electric bicycle.
The Lynx is claimed to be the lightest in the world, weighing 82kg. It gets a 3kWh battery pack and makes around 20.4PS.