GIIAS 2023: Citroen C3 Aircross Revealed With Automatic Transmission In Indonesia
The Citroen C3 Aircross, which recently made its India debut, has now been showcased at the ongoing Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) 2023. And interestingly, the SUV comes with a host of differences, especially underneath the bonnet.
Gets Automatic Gearbox
- The Citroen C3 Aircross showcased in Indonesia gets a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, whereas its Indian counterpart only comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Notably, the Citroen C3 Aircross automatic was manufactured in India. Expect Indian-spec C3 Aircross to also get the same automatic gearbox option in the near future.
- For those who aren’t aware, the Brazilian-spec Citroen C3 hatchback also gets an automatic transmission.
- The engine is, however, the same as its Indian counterpart – a 110PS 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. But it boasts higher torque output of 205Nm, surpassing its Indian-spec version by 15Nm.
- In terms of fuel efficiency, the Indian-spec Citroen C3 Aircross is claimed to return a mileage of 18.5kmpl, 1kmpl more than its Indonesian version.
Seating Options and Features
- Like the Indian-spec Citroen C3 Aircross, its Indonesian-spec iteration is also available in both 5-and 7-seater configurations.
- Regarding features, models of both countries get a 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, digital instrument cluster, manual AC, roof-mounted rear AC vents, steering-mounted controls, rear defogger, rear wiper & washer, dual-front airbags, rear parking sensors with camera, ESP and more.
Price In India and Competition
Citroen India is yet to launch the C3 Aircross in India. Its bookings will commence in September 2023, followed by its price announcement.
Once launched, the C3 Aircross will face competition from established players like Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, Toyota Hyryder and Maruti Grand Vitara in India.