Check Out The Upcoming Kia EV9 Flagship SUV In These Images
First showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo, Korean automaker Kia has now showcased its upcoming EV9 flagship SUV in a nearly production-ready form at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) 2023. Anticipated to hit the Indian market by 2025, here take a clear look at how it looks inside and out.
Based on Kia’s Opposite United design philosophy Kia EV9 sports a bold front facia with smooth, closed surfaces embellished by customisable dynamic light patterns and vertical LED headlamps, giving it a futuristic appearance. Furthermore, the prominent skid plate adds to its ruggedness.
- The Kia EV9 commands attention with its colossal and commanding side profile. Its mammoth length narrates tales of its grand dimensions.
- The SUV doesn’t feature conventional side mirrors; instead, it gets cameras that project images onto side displays inside the cabin (unlikely to be offered in its Indian-spec version). Furthermore, the flush-fitting door handles add to their sleek profile.
- Kia has provided sharply defined character lines for its brawny wheel arches and the shoulder line that lends the EV9 a powerful and commanding look. Further increasing its beefy appeal are the giant alloy wheels with square-shaped elements and chunky body cladding.
Also Read: Tata Harrier EV Revealed
Just as in the front, the rear profile of the Kia EV9 also carries bold aesthetics, matching beautifully with the captivating design language. It gets a muscular rear profile, and vertically oriented LED tail lights that stretch all the way from the top of the D-pillars to its rugged-looking massive bumper that has a silver skid plate.
- The cabin of the new Kia EV9 electric SUV sports a multi-layered dashboard with the connected screens taking centre stage. The brand calls this setup ‘Panoramic wide display’, combining a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster display and a 5-inch segment display, and a 12.3-inch infotainment system display.
- Its four-spoke steering wheel is a visible blend of sporty and solid characteristics.
- What’s more interesting is that Kia has used sustainable materials inside its cabin, such as recycled plastic bottles for seat fabrics, recycled fishnets for flooring, and vegan leather for the dashboard.
- Based on the E-GMP (Electric Global Modular Platform) architecture that incorporated the battery pack inside the floor, it offers generous cabin space.
- In its 6-seater version, the SUV gets electrically operatable second-row captain seats with heating & ventilation functions.
- Other notable features of the car include 2 part panoramic sunroof, powered tailgate, electrically operated seats, multi-zone climate control, Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function, surround view system, 10 airbags, and level 3 autonomous driving features.
Also Read: ICE-Powered Tata Curvv Revealed
|Specs||RWD||RWD Long Range||AWD|
|Motor||Single electric motor||Single electric motor||Two electric motors|
|Acceleration Time (0-100kmph)||8.2 sec||9.4 sec||6.0 sec|
|Battery Pack||76.1 kWh||99.8 kWh||99.8 kWh|
|Claimed Range||NA||541 km||541 km|