Facelifted Toyota Glanza Teased; Launch On March 15
- Prices of the facelifted Toyota Glanza to be announced on 15th March 2022.
- The updated model get more distinguished elements from the new Baleno.
- Design changes will include Altis-like grille, new alloy wheels, redesigned bumpers & lighting system, and completey overhauled dashboard layout.
- Features addition will include new infotainment system, connected car tech, heads-up display, 6-airbags, 360-degree camera, etc.
- 90PS 1.2-litre dualjet petrol engine will power the new Glanza via a 5-speed MT or AMT unit.
Toyota has teased the facelifted Glanza for the first time ahead of its launch on March 15. It is likely to get a more distinguished exterior from the 2022 Maruti Baleno.
The official teaser of the new Glanza partially reveals its updated front facia, featuring a sleeker Toyota grille and large air dams with sportier blacked-out treatment. The newly designed alloy wheels and fog lamp housings with C-shaped chrome strips could also be seen in the teaser.
While its rear profile is yet to be seen, it is likely to remain largely similar to the facelifted Baleno.
Also Read: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review: Pros, Cons, and Should You Buy It?
Inside, the 2022 Toyota Glanza facelift will get layered dashboard as the new Baleno, albiet in a black-&-beige colour scheme with piano-black applique in the middle. The features list, on the other hand, will also be similar to its Maruti counterpart that includes auto projector headlamps and wipers, a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech with remote control functions, voice assistant, heads-up display, up to 6-airbags, 360-degree camera, ESP with hill hold assist, etc.
Powering the facelifted Glanza will be a 90PS/113Nm 1.2-litre DualJet DualVVT petrol engine, paired with a starter generator for idle start/stop function. Transmission options will include a 5-speed manual and AMT.
Expect the 2022 Toyota Glanza to command a slight premium over its current model that ranges between Rs 7.70 – 9.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). On its arrival, it will rekindle its battle against the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz, VW Polo, and its donor model, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.