Citroen To Reveal A New SUV For India On April 27 – C3 Aircross
French automaker Citroen has announced to reveal its fourth model for India on April 27. While it’s not official, the upcoming Citroen SUV is expected to be called ‘C3 Aircross’. The brand says it has been entirely designed and engineered in India.
Upcoming Citroen SUV – What To Expect
- Citroen’s next product for India will be a mid-size SUV, probably with two and three-row seating configurations.
- It will share its underpinnings with the Citroen C3 cross-hatch (CMP modular platform).
- Since it has already been spied testing on our roads, we can assert you that it will sport a rugged design that will borrow some styling elements from its younger sibling.
- Compared to the Citroen C3, it will have a more upright stance, new rear quarters and more SUV-like styling. However, elements like the split headlamp setup, grille and wraparound tail-lamps will be carried forward.
- Dimensionally, it will be longer and broader than the C3. It is expected to measure approximately 4.2 metres in length.
- On the inside, the dashboard design will be slightly similar to the C3.
- The SUV should have the same 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system and digitized instrument cluster as the C3, in addition to a few conveniences lacking in the hatchback, like automatic climate control, rear AC vents, rear defogger, rear wiper & washer, and probably an electric sunroof.
- On the safety front, Citroen’s fourth model should get up to six airbags, a reverse parking camera and stability control functions.
- The upcoming Citroen C3 Aircross is expected to get C3’s 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine (110PS/190Nm), mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. An automatic transmission option could also be on the cards.
- It could receive an electric powertrain sometime in the future.
- Expect the new Citroen SUV to be priced at nearly Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, it C3 Aircross will lock horns with the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, MG Astor, Toyota Hyryder and Maruti Grand Vitara.