Ather Energy has released over-the-air (OTA) software updates for its flagship 450X electric scooter, introducing new features that enhance the overall navigation experience.
Ather 450X – What’s New?
- Ather has collaborated with Google Maps to offer 2-wheeler-specific routes directly on the scooter’s dashboard. Additionally, Ather has also redesigned the live traffic indicators, providing riders with a real-time view of traffic conditions on their route.
- The latest update also includes improved GPS latching for instant connection.
Ather Energy claims that these new updates will make navigation in the 450X more effortless, faster and easy to use. All Ather 450X scooters nationwide are anticipated to receive the latest software update by the end of January 2024.
Quick Glance at Ather 450X
- Ather 450X electric scooter comes with two battery pack choices: 2.9kWh and 3.7kWh battery, with a max motor output of 6.2kW and 26Nm.
- The 450X with a 2.9kWh battery pack claims an IDC range of 111km, while the 3.7kWh variant offers a claimed range of 150km.
- Regarding features, the 450X comes equipped with features like a 7-inch coloured TFT display with Bluetooth connectivity, LED headlamp, multiple riding modes (Warp | Sport | Ride | Eco | SmartEco), ParkAssist, auto turn indicator off, side stand indicator, an auto-hold function, tyre pressure monitoring system, FallSafe, hill assist, and more.
- Currently, it is priced between Rs 1.38 lakh and Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
In other news, Ather will launch the new 450 Apex scooter on January 6, 2024. It’s essentially a more powerful iteration of the 450X and its bookings can be made for a token amount of Rs 2,500.