Kia India has launched the 2023 iteration of the Carens three-row MPV. Here’s what it packs: –
- For 2023, the Kia Carens has received a new RDE norms-compliant 1.5-litre TGDi turbocharged petrol engine, replacing the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine.
- This is the same engine that was recently introduced with the Hyundai Alcazar.
- This new engine makes 160PS of maximum grunt and 253Nm of peak twisting force. That’s 20PS/11Nm more than the outgoing 1.4-litre mill.
- Transmission options for this new motor include a 6-speed iMT (clutchless manual) and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (DCT).
Also Read: Hyundai Creta’s SX Executive Variant To Be Discontinued Soon
- The carmaker has also updated the existing 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol and diesel engine to the upcoming BS6 Phase-2 emission norms (RDE).
- The manual gearbox option has also been replaced with the 6-speed iMT (clutchless manual) for the diesel powertrain. The 6-speed torque converter automatic continues to be on offer.
- All these engine options can run on E20 fuel (20 per cent ethanol blend).
- The digital instrument cluster is now standard on the higher trims.
- With all these changes, the prices of the MPV have been increased by up to Rs 50,000. Here’s a look at their revised price list: –
2023 Kia Carens Petrol Variants Price List
|Kia Carens Petrol||New Price ||Quantum of Price Hike|
|1.5 N.A. Petrol|
|Premium|| Rs 10.45 lakh ||+Rs 25,000|
|Prestige||Rs 11.65 lakh||+Rs 25,000|
|1.5 Turbo-Petrol Variants|
|Premium ||Rs 12 lakh ||+Rs 45,000|
|Prestige ||Rs 13.25 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Prestige Plus ||Rs 14.75 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Prestige Plus DCT||Rs 15.75 lakh||+Rs 50.000|
|Luxury ||Rs 16.2 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus (6-seater)||Rs 17.5 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus (7-seater)||Rs 17.55 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus DCT(6-seater)||Rs 18.4 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus DCT (7-seater)||Rs 18.45 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
2023 Kia Carens Diesel Variants Price List
|Kia Carens Diesel||New Price ||Quantum of Price Hike|
|Premium ||Rs 12.65 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Prestige ||Rs 13.85 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Prestige Plus ||Rs 15.35 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury ||Rs 16.8 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus (6-seater)||Rs 18 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus (7-seater)||Rs 18 lakh ||+Rs 45,000|
|Luxury Plus AT (6-seater)||Rs 18.9 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|
|Luxury Plus AT (7-seater)||Rs 18.95 lakh ||+Rs 50,000|