2023 Hyundai Verna vs Rivals – Spec and Features Comparison
The all-new Hyundai Verna is now on sale at a starting price of Rs 10.90 lakh (ex-showroom, introductory). Compared to its predecessor, the upgraded sedan has undergone a complete design overhaul, dimensionally evolved, and received tons of new features, along with a new turbocharged petrol engine. But how does it fare against other cars in the segment – the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Skoda Slavia, and Volkswagen Virtus? Let’s find out.
|Dimensions||Hyundai Verna||Honda City||Maruti Ciaz||VW Virtus||Skoda Slavia|
|Boot Space||528 litres||506 litres||510 litres||521 litres||521 litres|
- The Honda City is the longest among all, followed by Volkswagen Virtus, Skoda Slavia and Hyundai Verna.
- New-gen Hyundai Verna is the widest and has the longest wheelbase, which should translate into the most generous cabin space compared to its rivals.
- All sedans sit on 16-inch alloy wheels in their range-topping variant.
- The 2023 Hyundai Verna also offers the biggest boot space to cater for your travel needs.
Also Read: 2023 Hyundai Verna Colors Detailed In Images
Engine & Fuel Efficiency (Mileage)
|Hyundai Verna||Honda City||Maruti Ciaz||Skoda Slavia / VW Virtus|
|Engine||1.5L NA / 1.5L Turbo Petrol||1.5L NA / 1.5L Petrol-Hybrid||1.5L NA Petrol||1.0L Turbo / 1.5L Turbo Petrol|
|Cylinders||4 / 4||4 / 4||4||3 / 4|
|Max Power||115PS / 160PS||121PS / 126PS||105PS||115PS / 150PS|
|Peak Torque||144Nm / 253Nm||145Nm / 253Nm||138Nm||175Nm / 250Nm|
|Gearbox||NA Petrol: 6-speed Manual, CVT |
Turbo Petrol: 6-speed Manual, 7-speed DCT
|NA Petrol: 6-speed Manual, CVT |
|5-speed Manual, 4-speed Torque Converter AT||1.0 turbo: 6-speed Manual, 6-speed Torque Converter AT|
1.5 turbo*: 6-speed Manual, 7-speed DSG
|Fuel Efficiency (Mileage)||NA Petrol: 18.60kmpl (MT), 19.60kmpl (CVT)|
Turbo Petrol: 20kmpl (MT), 20.60kmpl (DCT)
|NA Petrol: 17.8 kmpl (MT), 18.4 kmpl (CVT), |
Hybrid: 26.5 kmpl
|20.65 kmpl (MT), 20.04 kmpl (AT)||1.0 turbo: 19.47kmpl (MT), 18.07kmpl (AT)|
1.5 turbo: 18.72kmpl (MT), 18.41kmpl (DCT)
*VW Virtus doesn’t get a manual gearbox option with the 1.5L turbo-petrol engine.
- Except for the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, all the other sedans here get two engine options.
- The Honda City is the only car in its segment to come with a self-charging petrol-hybrid powertrain.
- The 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine of the 2023 Hyundai Verna is the most powerful and torquey of the lot, followed by its German rivals’ 1.5-litre unit.
- Hybrid-powered Honda City is the fuel-efficient sedan here.
Also Read: 2023 Hyundai Verna vs Rivals – Price Comparison
|Hyundai Verna||Honda City||Skoda Slavia / VW Virtus||Maruti Suzuki Ciaz|
|Connected Car Tech||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Digital Driver’s Display||✅||❌||✅||❌|
|Lane Watch Camera||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Android Auto/ Apple Carplay||✅||✅(Wireless)||✅(Wireless)||✅|
|Rear AC Vents||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Ventilated Seats||✅ (including heating function)||No||✅||❌|
|Paddle Shifters||✅||✅||✅ (1.5L)||❌|
|No of Airbags||6 (standard)||6||6||2|
|Front Parking Sensors||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)||✅||✅||❌||❌|
Also Read: How Does Adaptive Cruise Control Work In Honda City Petrol Manual?
|Hyundai Verna||Rs 10.90 – 17.38 lakh|
|Maruti Ciaz||Rs 9.29 – 12.19 lakh|
|Honda City||Rs 11.55 – 20.39 lakh|
|Volkswagen Virtus||Rs 11.32 – 18.42 lakh|
|Skoda Slavia||Rs 11.29 – 18.40 lakh|
Priced at upwards of Rs 10.90 lakh (ex-showroom), the new Hyundai Verna has been priced competitively. Also, it seems quite promising on paper and offers a lot.