2023 Volkswagen Virtus, Taigun Launched – New Features, RDE and E20 Compliant
Volkswagen has updated its Taigun SUV and Virtus sedan for 2023. The lower variants of both models receive some new features. The German automaker has also updated both cars to meet the upcoming stricter emission norms.
- The 1.0-litre Highline and 1.5-litre GT variants of the Volkswagen Taigun have been equipped with automatic headlamps with a follow-me-home function. Earlier, this feature was limited to the range-topping 1.0-litre Topline and the 1.5-litre GT Plus variants of the SUV.
- All the variants of Volkswagen Virtus now get rear fog lamps as standard fitment. Previously, it was offered with select variants only.
BS6 Phase II-Compliant
- With the Phase II of Bharat Stage 6 (Real Driving Emission) norms set to come into effect from 1st April 2023, Volkswagen has updated the powertrains of both the Virtus and Taigun to meet the new emissions limitations.
- Both the engines of these German cars are now also E20 compliant. Having said that, they can now run on 20 per cent ethanol-blended fuel.
- For those who aren’t aware, both the Volkswagen Taigun and Virtus come with the same engine options – a 115PS 1.0-litre TSI turbo petrol mill and a 150PS 1.5-litre TSI turbo petrol unit. Transmission choices depend on the engine: a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed torque-converter auto and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (DCT).
- With all these changes, Volkswagen has also announced a price hike of 2 per cent, which will come into effect from April 2023.
- Currently, the Volkswagen Virtus ranges from Rs 11.32 lakh to Rs 18.32 lakh, and the Taigun costs between Rs 11.56 lakh to Rs 18.96 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom).