The sixth-gen Hyundai Verna has finally been launched in India, with prices ranging from Rs 10.90 lakh to Rs 17.38 lakh (ex-showroom). Here’s what all it packs: –
|Variants||2023 Hyundai Verna Price|
|N.A. Petrol Variants|
|SX CVT||Rs 14,23,500|
|SX (O)||Rs 14,65,900|
|SX (O) CVT||Rs 16,19,500|
|Turbocharged Petrol Variants|
|SX DCT||Rs 16,08,000|
|SX (O)||Rs 15,98,900|
|SX (O) DCT||Rs 17,37,900|
Hyundai claims that it has already received over 8,000 bookings for the upgraded Verna.
- Based on Hyundai’s Sensuous Sportiness design language, the new-generation Verna draws its inspiration from future spacecraft.
- It has a parametric jewel grill up front, flanked by a twin headlamp setup with a sleek LED daytime running lamp covering the car’s width, providing it with a prominent and futuristic appearance.
- An elevated shoulder line and sharp edges accentuate the side profile’s chiselled appearance.
- At the back are the connected LED taillight and a small spoiler lip on the boot lid, giving it a dynamic look.
Hyundai has offered the 2023 Verna in a total of nine colour options, comprising seven monotones and two dual-tone shades.
|– Atlas White|
– Typhoon Silver
– Fiery Red
– Tellurian Brown
– Starry Night
– Titan Grey
– Abyss Black
|– Atlas White with Black Roof|
– Fiery Red with Black Roof
The dual-tone colours of the new Hyundai Verna are limited to its turbocharged variants only.
Interior and Features
- The dashboard of the 2023 Hyundai Verna appears to borrow design elements from the Ioniq 5. It comes wrapped in a dual-tone cabin theme.
- It gets a free-standing 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit that is integrated with the digital driver’s display.
- In terms of features, the sedan comes with a host of segment-first features, such as front ventilated & heated seats, Switchable type infotainment & climate controller, a powered driver seat, and 64-colour ambient lighting.
- The other notable features of the 2023 Hyundai Verna include a wireless smartphone charger, three driver modes, smart tailgate opening, on-board navigation, Bose sound system, 12 language support for the infotainment, electric sunroof, connected car tech with 65+ features, wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, OTA updated support and much more.
- The turbocharged iteration of the Hyundai Verna also receives all-wheel disc brakes with red front callipers, metal pedals, an electric parking brake, and a sporty black interior with red accents.
- Safety on the new Hyundai Verna is ensured by 30 standard features, including six airbags, auto headlamps, ISOFIX child anchorages, a rear defogger, keyless entry and much more.
- The higher-spec variants also get the tyre pressure monitoring system, ESC, vehicle stability control, front & rear parking sensors, cornering lamps and the brand’s SmartSense technology which is essentially Hyundai’s jargon for the radar-based Level 2 ADAS suite. It comprises active safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, auto emergency braking, auto high beam assist, rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist, and much more.
Powered solely by petrol, the new Hyundai Verna is offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated and a new 1.5-litre turbo unit. Here’s a look at their specifications: –
|Engine||1.5-litre naturally aspirated MPi petrol||1.5-litre TGDi turbocharged petrol|
|Gearbox||6-speed manual / CVT||6-speed manual / 7-speed DCT|
|Acceleration Time (0-100kmph)||–||8.1 seconds|
|Mileage||18.60kmpl (MT), 19.60kmpl (CVT)||20kmpl (MT), 20.60kmpl (DCT)|
The Hyundai Verna locks horns with the Volkswagen Virtus, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Skoda Slavia and the facelifted Honda City.