Tata Tigor Dual-Tone Colors Discontinued; Mileage Improved
Tata has discontinued the Tigor’s all-dual-tone paint options, which were available with higher-spec variants of the sub-4m sedan. With that, it is now available in four monotone colours: Magnetic Red, Arizona Blue, Opal White and Daytona Grey.
- Tata hasn’t confirmed if new shades will be offered for the replacement of these axed colours.
- Apart from changes to the car’s colour palette, the Tata Tigor remains unchanged.
- Tata has recently updated the Tigor on the BS6 Phase-II emission (RDE) norms. It continues to come with the same 1.2-litre, 3-cyl, petrol engine (86PS and 113Nm), paired with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT.
- Tata claims with the updation to new emission regulations, the fuel efficiency (mileage) of Tigor has been improved by 0.6kmpl. Having said that, it can now return a fuel efficiency of up to 19.60kmpl.
- The Tata Tigor also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit that produces 73PS/95Nm in CNG mode and claims a fuel efficiency (mileage) of 26.49 km/kg.
- The carmaker has also increased the standard warranty of all its models, including the Tigor. It will now be offered with a 3-Years / 1-Lakh kilometres warranty as opposed to the earlier 2-Years / 75,000 kilometres coverage.
- Tata currently retails the Tigor from Rs 6.20 lakh to Rs 8.90 lakh (ex-showroom).
- In the compact sedan segment, the Tata Tigor rivals the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Honda Amaze.