2022 Toyota Glanza: Which Variant You Should Buy?
Japanese carmaker Toyota has recently launched the 2022 Glanza facelift in India that gets a new design, more features, and an updated powertrain option. It is priced between Rs 6.39 lakh to Rs 9.69 lakh (ex-showroom), making it up to Rs 20,000 more expensive than its donor model, the facelifted Maruti Baleno. For this added premium, you get a longer standard warranty of 3 years/1,00,000km, compared to the Baleno’s 2 years/40,000km. Also, the difference between both models’ styling is more substantial. However, all the other bits remain the same for both the premium hatchbacks. So, if you are preferring Toyota’s trustworthiness and more premium styled exterior and interior over Baleno and nosy about the features that each trim of the new Toyota Glanza offers, then you are at the right place. But have a look at its specifications first: –
2022 New Toyota Glanza Engine Specifications
|Engine||1.2-litre Dualjet DualVVT Petrol|
|No of Cylinders||4|
|Gearbox Options||5-speed MT and AMT|
|Claimed Mileage||22.35kmpl (MT), 22.94kmpl (AMT)|
2022 Toyota Glanza Dimensions
|Boot Space||318 litres|
2022 Toyota Glanza All Colour Options
Toyota has offered the facelifted Glanza in five colour options:
- Cafe White
- Insta Blue
- Gaming Grey
- Enticing Silver
- Sportin Red
New Toyota Glanza: Variants-wise price and features
1. Toyota Glanza E (Base Model)
|Manual||Rs 6.39 lakh|
Key Features: –
- Exterior: – 15-inch steel rims with wheel covers, halogen projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, rear spoiler, black ORVMs & door handles.
- Interior: – Dual-tone black-&-beige theme, analog instrument cluster with MID, and center roof lamp, bottle holder in all doors.
- Comfort & Convenience: – All four power windows, auto up-down with anti-pinch function for driver’s window, remote locking, tilt adjustment function for the steering wheel, automatic AC, adjustable headrests for front seats.
- Infotainment/Entertainment – N.A.
- Safety: – Dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, rear parking sensors, day/night IRVM (manual), rear defogger, speed sensing auto door lock, front seatbelts with pre-tensioners and force limiter, ISOFIX child seat anchors, rear child lock doors, high-speed alert system, seat belt reminder.
Verdict: The new base-spec Toyota Glanza E variant is decently equipped and covers most basic features. It is worth considering if you have budget restrictions.
Also Read: 2022 Toyota Glanza Accessories Revealed
2. Toyota Glanza S
|Glanza S||Price||Premium Over E Trim|
|Manual||Rs 7.29 lakh||Rs 90,000|
|AMT||Rs 7.79 lakh||–|
Key Features (over E variant): –
- Exterior: – Side mirror-mounted turn indicators, body-colored wing mirrors & door handles, blacked-out A/B/C pillars.
- Interior: – Front roof lamp.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Electrically adjustable and foldable side mirrors, steering mounted audio & telephony controls, co-driver vanity mirror, and parcel shelf for the boot.
- Infotainment/Entertainment – 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, FM/AM and Apple Carplay and Android Auto smartphone integration support, 4-speakers.
- Safety: – Vehicle Stability Control (AMT only), hill hold assist (AMT only).
Verdict: For a premium of Rs 90,000 over the entry-level E variant, the new Glanza S trim gets more features. However, it would have been better if it had offered more comfort & convenience features.
3. Toyota Glanza G
|Glanza G||Price||Premium Over S Trim|
|Manual||Rs 8.24 lakh||Rs 95,000|
|AMT||Rs 8.74 lakh||Rs 95,000|
Key Features (over S variant): –
- Exterior: – 16-inch alloy wheels, LED projector headlamps, chrome finished door handles, trunk lid garnish.
- Interior: – 4.2-inch colour TFT, 60:40 split rear seats, luggage room lamp, glove box lamp, and footwell light.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Automatic headlamps, rear wiper & washer, keyless entry with push-button start/stop, rear AC vents, front armrest (with sliding function), height-adjustable driver’s seat, adjustable rear headrests, USB charging port for rear passengers, seatback pocket, both tilt & telescopic adjustment function for the steering wheel.
- Infotainment/Entertainment – New Smart Playcast 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system (different UI), audio OTA updates support, ‘Toyota i-Connect’ connected car functionality, 2 tweeters, voice commands (wake work ‘Hey Toyota’).
- Safety: – Rear parking camera, front side airbags, and curtain airbags (total 6 airbags).
Variant: It is the most value-for-money (VFM) variant of the premium Toyota Glanza hatchback. It offers all the comfort, convenience, and safety features that most buyers look for.
4. Toyota Glanza V
|Glanza V||Price||Premium Over G Trim|
|Manual||Rs 9.19 lakh||Rs 95,000|
|AMT||Rs 9.69 lakh||Rs 95,000|
Key Features (over G variant): –
- Exterior: – LED fog lamps, headlamp integrated LED daytime running lamps (DRLs), and UV-protected glasses.
- Interior: – Both driver & co-driver side vanity mirror, vanity lamp and ticket holder, leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Auto foldable ORVMs, heads-up display (HUD), and cruise control.
- Infotainment/Entertainment – 9-inch new Smart Playcast infotainment system, Arkamys tuned sound system.
- Safety: – Vehicle Stability Control (standard), Hill Hold Assist (standard), 360-degree camera, auto-dimming day/night IRVM.
Variant: If you want to experience the premium quotient of the Glanza to the fullest, then this variant is for you.