2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings Open; Deliveries To Commence From May
Volkswagen has started accepting bookings for the second lot of T-Roc SUV at a token amount of Rs 50,000 with deliveries are expected to commence from May 2021. It is priced at Rs 21.35 lakh (ex-showroom), making it Rs 1.36 lakh expensive than the 2020 model (previous lot). Interested buyers can book the VW compact SUV online or by visiting the authorized dealership.
Let’s take a quick look at what the German SUV has to offers: –
- Like the previous batch, the 2021 T-Roc will continue to available as a Completely Built-Up Unit (CBU). However, the brand is also considering starting its local assembly at a later stage, but nothing has been confirmed yet. If the brand starts assembling it within the country, the prices will surely come down by a huge margin.
- The 2021 T-Roc will be imported in limited numbers by avoiding the local homologation process.
- Design-wise, it is unlikely to get any changes. It will continue to feature these similar styling as the previous model.
- The features list is also expected to remain unchanged. Some of the key T-Roc’s features include a full-LED lighting system, 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, a fully digital instrument panel, dual-zone climate control, ambient lighting, six airbags, lane-keep assist, front collision alert, tire pressure monitoring, and front and rear parking sensors, etc.
- The VW T-Roc will continue to be powered by the same 1.5-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that generates 150PS and 250Nm. Mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT), the motor also gets idle start/stop and Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) which enhances the fuel economy by shutting down two cylinders, depending on your driving condition. The same engine will also power the Hyundai Creta rivaling Volkswagen Taigun and Skoda Kushaq SUVs.
- As of now, it has no direct rivals in the Indian market. But as per its pricing, it could be viewed an alternative to the Skoda Karoq and the Jeep Compass SUVs.