2021 Tata Safari has been launched in the Indian market at an asking price ranging from Rs 14.69 lakh to Rs 21.45 lakh (ex-showroom). Mainly offered in six variants, the brand has also introduced an Adventure Edition based on the top-spec XZ+/XZA+ variants. The Safari Adventure Edition is similar to what Camo & Dark Editions means for 5-seater Harrier SUV. It gets a host of aesthetical changes both inside and outside which makes it look distinct from the regular/standard variants.
2021 Tata Safari Adventure Edition – What Makes It Unique?
- The Safari Adventure Edition gets a few cosmetical enhancements over the regular model, giving the SUV a sporty appearance. For beginners, it is only offered in a Tropical Mist paint scheme, whereas the regular trims come in three exterior shade options – Orcus White, Daytona Grey, and Royale Blue.
- Upfront, it features a piano black finished grille & headlamp surrounding along with blacked-out SAFARI embossing on the hood & tailgate. Besides this, the window line of the SUV and roof rails also come finished in glossy black. All these elements come with chrome garnishing on the standard XZ+/XZA+ variant, whereas the Safari lettering on the nose is exclusive for the Adventure Edition.
- The skid plates are also finished in charcoal grey, replacing the silver finishing.
- Like the standard trims, the Adventure Edition also gets 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheel but in gunmetal grey finishing.
- Inside, the Tata Safari Adventure Edition gets a brown-&-black cabin with the piano black finishing on the dashboard, switchgear, and instrument cluster, whereas the door pads and upholstery flaunt light brown color.
- The Safari Adventure Edition can be had in either a 6-seater or a 7-seater configuration.
Features list of Safari Adventure is similar to the XZ+ trim, including Xenon HID headlamps, dual function LED DRLs, an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay & Android Auto, iRA connected car technology with remote control & Hinglish commands compatibility, a 7.0-inch digital display for the instrument cluster, powered driver's seat, panoramic sunroof, an electronic parking brake with auto hold, 6 airbags, ESC, hill hold assist, and many more.
3. Engine & Gearbox
Like the other variants, the Adventure Edition comes with the same 2.0-liter Kryotec turbocharged diesel engine, driving the front wheels and making out 170PS of max grunt and 350Nm of peak torque. The oil burner is available with both the 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission option.
|Manual||Rs 20.20 lakh||Rs 19.99 lakh||Rs 21,000|
|Automatic||Rs 21.45 lakh||Rs 21.25 lakh||Rs 20,000|
*All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
Tata has priced the Safari Adventure at Rs 20.20 lakh for the manual and Rs 21.45 lakh for the automatic variant. At this price point, it demands a premium of up to Rs 21,000 over the XZ+/XZA+ variant. Regarding all the changes it is getting over the regular model, the price hike isn't too abrupt.