2021 Tata Safari Adventure Edition: How It Is Different From The Other Variants?
2021 Tata Safari has been launched in the Indian market at an asking price ranging from Rs 14.69 lakh to Rs 21.45 lakh (ex-showroom). Mainly offered in six variants, the brand has also introduced an Adventure Edition based on the top-spec XZ+/XZA+ variants. The Safari Adventure Edition is similar to what Camo & Dark Editions means for 5-seater Harrier SUV. It gets a host of aesthetical changes both inside and outside which makes it look distinct from the regular/standard variants.
2021 Tata Safari Adventure Edition – What Makes It Unique?
- The Safari Adventure Edition gets a few cosmetical enhancements over the regular model, giving the SUV a sporty appearance. For beginners, it is only offered in a Tropical Mist paint scheme, whereas the regular trims come in three exterior shade options – Orcus White, Daytona Grey, and Royale Blue.
- Upfront, it features a piano black finished grille & headlamp surrounding along with blacked-out SAFARI embossing on the hood & tailgate. Besides this, the window line of the SUV and roof rails also come finished in glossy black. All these elements come with chrome garnishing on the standard XZ+/XZA+ variant, whereas the Safari lettering on the nose is exclusive for the Adventure Edition.
- The skid plates are also finished in charcoal grey, replacing the silver finishing.
- Like the standard trims, the Adventure Edition also gets 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheel but in gunmetal grey finishing.
- Inside, the Tata Safari Adventure Edition gets a brown-&-black cabin with the piano black finishing on the dashboard, switchgear, and instrument cluster, whereas the door pads and upholstery flaunt light brown color.
- The Safari Adventure Edition can be had in either a 6-seater or a 7-seater configuration.
Features list of Safari Adventure is similar to the XZ+ trim, including Xenon HID headlamps, dual function LED DRLs, an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay & Android Auto, iRA connected car technology with remote control & Hinglish commands compatibility, a 7.0-inch digital display for the instrument cluster, powered driver's seat, panoramic sunroof, an electronic parking brake with auto hold, 6 airbags, ESC, hill hold assist, and many more.
3. Engine & Gearbox
Like the other variants, the Adventure Edition comes with the same 2.0-liter Kryotec turbocharged diesel engine, driving the front wheels and making out 170PS of max grunt and 350Nm of peak torque. The oil burner is available with both the 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission option.
|Manual||Rs 20.20 lakh||Rs 19.99 lakh||Rs 21,000|
|Automatic||Rs 21.45 lakh||Rs 21.25 lakh||Rs 20,000|
*All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
Tata has priced the Safari Adventure at Rs 20.20 lakh for the manual and Rs 21.45 lakh for the automatic variant. At this price point, it demands a premium of up to Rs 21,000 over the XZ+/XZA+ variant. Regarding all the changes it is getting over the regular model, the price hike isn't too abrupt.